Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Done



Change is afoot once again.

I did a difficult thing. I put myself first- selfishly- and took steps to do the things that will really make me happy. 

It's hard putting yourself first sometimes. 

I've spent a lot of my life diminishing myself for other people. Trying to squash myself into the shapes that they want me to be. Dimming my light, and bending to their will, and letting things go on their terms.

But I'm done.

I'm done, and I'm not doing that again. I understand that many people have not done this to me maliciously- and that in some cases, I have been willing to do it. But I can't, and I will not be doing anything other than the things that make me happy from hereon out. 

It's a process. This is an untrodden path, and a long one too. 

But I have incredible people by my side, holding my hands, taking each step of the way with me.

And sooner or later, it will be done.

3 comments:

  1. Go you! Putting yourself first is incredibly important sometimes (or a lot of the time). Wishing you the best of luck with everything!

    Mimmi xx
    Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great things will come from finally putting yourself first :) I am currently in the process of doing little bits of it to get where I want to be - although when you don't really know where that truly is it can be hard!
    Good luck with everything and I'm looking forward to hearing about the good things.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you! Especially in new classes or workplaces, I too am finding it a little difficult to say, 'hey, I only have this one life and I need to make sure I'm loving it and being happy'. Don't ever feel pressured to do something you don't want to xx

    http://the-lifeofjax.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog