Monday, 28 September 2015

A Moment

Original source unknown

Firelight. A chimnea burning bright with the logs we had chopped earlier in the evening, leaving our arms and shoulders aching.

Toasting with glasses of a wine which shares my name.

Nibbling on flatbreads cooked over a fire, sharing dip that neither of us could be trusted with if left alone.

A request, and a subsequent demand for this song so vehement it provoked laughter and accusations of bossiness. An easy smile as the first notes hit the air.

Turning my face to the stars. Breathing in the cool air.

Feeling arms wrap around me. Turning into the embrace.

And dancing. Dancing to the song I can't get out of my head, by starlight and firelight.

1 comment:

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog