Thursday, 16 April 2015

Happiness is... (vol. 98)

On a day where work felt almost too much to bear, and life feels hard, and my heart feels heavy, and my eyes are tired- these are the days I need to write happiness lists. These are the days I need reminding that while things may sometimes seem awful, they perhaps are not endlessly so. This too shall pass.


 
Being greeted at the door with a gin cocktail on the warmest day of the year so far.

Wearing heels to work three days in a row.

Saturday morning coffee dates, with a man who brings me flowers.

White t-shirts tucked into swirly midi-skirts.

 Completing the crossword. Between us, we do it almost every time.

Green tea.

 Feeling like I'm becoming the woman I always thought I would be.

Thank you cards, hen parties, and save-the-dates.

Carrying armfuls of flowers and second hand books home.

Craft fairs and croissant dates with beautiful friends.

Menu planning.

The warmth of the spring sunshine on my shoulders.

4 comments:

  1. "Becoming the woman I always thought I would be" that is one of the nicest, heart warming statements I ever did see. Things can't be too bad if you're thinking that :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you. I just did a similar post, always so important to try and focus on the happiness when life is just being a wee bit.... eh. xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely list of things :) You're so right - remembering the happy things in life is especially important on those down days.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you found lots of joy in between your moments of despair. Keep an eye out for the happy things - they are always there - they may just be hiding!
    www.queebcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog