Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Just Because It's Christmas...

... and at Christmas you tell the truth. 

This is my life lately:


Reading. Only eye make up. A lot of tea. A little bit of chocolate- but not a whole lot of other food. Moisturiser to calm my rosacea. Notes of texts sent last Friday. And my antidepressants. 

My life has been turned upside down multiple times this year. And this is how I'm currently dealing with it. I'm hoping that having my family around me this Christmas will give me my sparkle back, and I've already decided that 2015 is going to be my year. 

But I mostly just wanted to say that if you're having a bit of a tough time this Christmas, you really aren't the only one. People being super cheerful and jolly can often only serve to make you realise that you don't feel cheerful and jolly. Just remember that it's okay to feel how you feel and be who you are. 

Happy Christmas everyone, and huge love to you all. 

9 comments:

  1. Such an important message, remember that you're not ever alone in what you're going through. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Alice, and a happy new year - you really deserve it.

    Anna xx | The Girl In The Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas. I'm sure next year will be your year, best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good reminder, and one that I needed to read--I hope you have a fabulous time with your family this Christmas, and here's to a grand 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Christmas and like everyone else has said, you're not alone in how you're feeling (my husband has been on exactly the same medication several times in the past). I hope 2015 will be a much better year for you and I'm sending all my best wishes your way over the festive season. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! I hope you'll have a great time under the circumstances, and that 2015 will be a better year for you :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are most definitely not alone Miss Alice. You've had such a big year of ups and downs, I hope 2015 is more consistently good for you. Sending warm hugs from the desert xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas can be harder than people think, tends to remind me of feeling lonely. I had a nice peaceful day with my family though, glad I had one OK day after the toughest six months. I did tweet you to check if you were doing ok but got no reply... hope you feel better soon. Your blog was there for me when I was feeling down and your weekly happy lists inspired me to take in the small things and enjoy them :) xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you all the Christmassy love. And an enormous hug for your honesty. 2015 WILL be your year.
    M x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog