Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Feeling Festive



The circles under my eyes are getting darker, post-work naps are becoming essential, and almost every evening is filled with some Christmassy do or other. 

But it's okay, because on Saturday I'll be heading back to Devon for two weeks of open fires, kitty cuddles, mulled wine, carols, and family time. I cannot wait. 

I love Christmas. I love all the festivities, and the food, and the music, and the drinks, and the food. (Yes, I'm aware I said food twice. But it really is my favourite bit. Mince pie, anyone?)

I wrote a little guest post for Charlotte all about my Christmas traditions- and you can find it over on her blog! Just writing it gave me the warm-and-squishies, and made me even more excited for the next couple of weeks. I'm a real traditionalist at heart, and love the familiarity of my family Christmas. I love that it runs more-or-less the same way every year, and I love having all of my family around.

If you want to know more about my family Christmas (and see a brilliant picture of us all wearing ridiculous Christmas hats), then you should definitely pop on over!

Do you have any festive traditions?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will have a wonderful Christmas, I am so jealous of your two week break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely for you getting home for two weeks for Christmas :) I'm also home for christmas and having a lovely relaxing time with the family, god knows I need a break! Gonna head over and read the post now :) x
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just popped over and read your post and your Christmas sounds so lovely! Got a spare invite?! Haha. It sounds just like how it should be and I hope my Christmas day is like that every year when I have my own family (too much to hope for currently, family is far too complex! Haha) xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog