Saturday, 8 November 2014

To The Men I Fall In Love With On Trains

In particular, this is to the beautiful beard-sporting, tweed-coat-wearing, sheet-music-reading man I saw on the train to Wiltshire early on Saturday morning. He genuinely made my heart skip several beats.



Here's to spotting a handsome stranger on the train. 

Here's to angling yourself ever so slightly more elegantly in your seat. 

Here's to sneaking glances to see what they're reading. 

Here's to carefully choosing the music you listen to, in case they should by some random chance ask you about it. 

Here's to those moments of eye contact where your heart suddenly starts thumping in your chest. 

Here's to glancing away, only to glance back seconds later. 

Here's to finding him still looking at you. 

Here's to feeling your heart pound, just hoping he'll come over and say hello.

Here's to watching him gather his things, two stops before yours. 

Here's to sadly watching him step off the train, perhaps with a wistful smile. 

Here's to sighing and sinking back into your seat, feeling bereft. 

Here's to the next time. 

11 comments:

  1. Here's to all of that stuff, here's to lust, and romance, and fun, and EYE CANDY!

    Hayley-Eszti // www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written, Alice :) This happens to me quite a lot, haha...

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and it has happened to me!

    One New Years eve I was on a train to York and the most beautiful man sat down beside me. I kept sneaking looks at him and he was smiling at me. Then the same song came on our iPods! And we both laughed... Then I had to get off. Having been too shy to strike up a convo! God do I regret it!

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice post darling..absolutely well written!!!<3 It has made me laugh a lot because I do exactly the same with my " secret love affairs with handsome unknowns on the trains" !!!
    xoxo
    Martina
    sweetie.tulip88@blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this haha, always falling in love with people on public transport, especially when they're reading some classic book, beauty and brains!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written and so very true! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I haven't had a rail-mance for quite some time (other than with my husband obvs!) but this captures it beautifully.
    Secret smiles are the absolute best.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww this is too cute - and also may I add, beautifully written! I'm all for love at first sight! x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I'm not the only one that does the music thing! Love this post. :D

    Sara Bloo xo
    bloonstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post! There's nothing like a doomed train romance to make a journey speed by.

    Mona x
    Smock and Awe

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog