Sunday, 5 October 2014

Peach and Blueberry Crumble


Sometimes, on a Monday, you just need something a little decadent to celebrate the fact that there are no more Monday mornings for a whole week. 

On those occasions, I suggest you treat yourself. Sometimes, you just need pudding, and to be honest, there don't always need to be reasons for them. And sometimes, you don't want to make a pudding to share, either- solo puddings are so much more fun.

And this one? It's as easy as pie (or crumble). You'll have all the ingredients anyway- or ingredients which would work just as well, at any rate. Baking it in a heart shaped dish is truly optional, but highly recommended- after all, we all deserve a bit of love every now and then. 

Peach and Blueberry Crumble

(Serves one)

One ripe peach
A small handful of frozen blueberries
(You could also use apple and blackberries, or raspberries, or plums, or cherries, or anything really. Except banana/ citrus fruits)
A tablespoon of butter
A tablespoon of plain flour
A shake of brown sugar
A shake of oats
A shake of flaked almonds

Roughly chop your peach- don't worry about peeling it. Place the peach and blueberries into an individual oven proof baking dish.

In a small bowl, rub in the flour and butter, then stir through the sugar, oats and almonds. Make sure you don't add too many dry ingredients though- when you gently squeeze the mixture, it should form a damp dough, almost.

Top the fruit with your crumble mixture. Bake at 200C for 25-30 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you'd like. 

Enjoy, and let it put the smile back on your face after a long day. 

8 comments:

  1. I've never thought about putting peach into a crumble before! I love the heart dish you've baked it in aswell :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks for the single portion recipe- every autumn I try different crumble or pie recipes and my husband and I end up living off the stuff for a week to get it used up!
    Ann x
    Prattle and Froth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy and I have lots of frozen fruit that needs using up so I might make my own crumble! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heart-shaped dish is the perfect finishing touch :) Crumbles are my go-to bake because they work with basically anything. Between crumbles and banana oat bread (which I actually made a loaf of today) all my overripe-fruit issues are sorted. Just between you and me, sometimes I leave the fruit on purpose because crumble and banana bread are so much tastier than plain fruit :p xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like the most perfect autumnal treat! would love to give this a go x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you deliver??
    I'll take one for every night this dreary little week. Merci!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, looks delicious! Can we all pop round to yours for pudding one night please? :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is everyone posting about yummy crumbles right now?! I love crumbles and I need crumble!!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog