Monday, 8 September 2014

Happiness Is... (Vol. 82)

Why are weekends only two days? I have too many fun things to cram into just two days. It's not right!

On the whole, life is very very good at the moment. I am having a few internal struggles that I don't really understand- there's no reason for them and it's worrying me that I'm not on complete form. I'm beating myself up about the little things, worrying, feeling a bit wobbly. But I am fine really- and will continue to be. Oh, life!

Anyway. This work, happiness is...



... Family time. This weekend, I attended my aunt's wedding along with the whole of my dad's side of the family. It was only the second time ever that all of my siblings and I were together (there's a 33 year age gap from oldest to youngest), and I LOVED surrounding myself with them. There's nothing like being with your family to bring you back to yourself, is there?

... Bright blue shoes. I had the coolest bright blue heels for the wedding on Saturday, and wearing them made me so happy. Though at the end of the evening, taking them off made me even happier...



... Dancing with the under fives. At the wedding, I decided that as I wasn't trying to impress anyone at all, I might as well have as much fun as I possibly could. Cue dancing all night, predominantly with the under-fives in attendance. It was so much more fun than sitting on the sidelines trying to look cool, even if I did forget the moves to Saturday Night.

... Country air. As much as I absolutely adore living in London, it was so so nice to get out into some country air this weekend. It's so restorative.

... Prolonged nice weather. I know most bloggers are dying for autumn, but remember this- autumn isn't all crisp days and crunchy leaves. It rains, and it's cold. Give me an extra few sunny September days any time- the nice weather at the weekend meant we were able to sit outside sipping Buck's Fizz on Saturday, and nursing sore heads on Sunday. Bliss!

What's making you happy this week? 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time! I've only ever been to one wedding, and I barely remember that, sadly. And country air is the best, isn't it?

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a whale of a weekend - nothing better than getting some fresh air. Hope you feel better overall though.

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are gorgeous! Whilst I agree with you about the weather to some extent, this week in my little patch of the US was hideously humid so I'm rather enjoying slightly cooler weather this week!

    My happiness this week is Royal baby news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely- those shoes are beautiful :) How nice to see your whole family too- it must have been quite the celebration! xxx P.S. People always tell me I literally dance like no-one's watching. I reckon it's a lot more fun than sitting around trying to look cool :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love weddings! I'm always up there dancing away to the cheesy music, and occupying the little ones as well :')
    amber love

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog