Sunday, 3 August 2014

Happiness Is... (Vol. 78)

I'm currently experiencing slight internet issues, so I'm typing this on my phone from my bed in my new London home! I arrived around 7pm on Sunday evening, and I'm straight into the new job first thing this morning, so forgive me for the brevity of this post. I know you get it though!

So this week, happiness is...


... flowers fresh from the garden. These hydrangeas were just too pretty to be left outside!

... wonderfully supportive people. My family, friends, and this whole incredible blogging world have been so amazingly supportive about this move. From Papatron who drove me up yesterday, to Mama who helped me out in so many ways, to everyone's lovely kind comments and tweets- Honestly, it's been so overwhelming how lovely and thoughtful and helpful everyone has been. Thank you all SO much, you have no idea how much it means. 


... Blackberry picking! Doesn't it seen too early to be picking blackberries?! Well, I thought so too until Saturday afternoon, when I managed to pick enough to fill a small ice cream tub. I'm so happy I got to do it, I thought the move would mean I missed out this year!

... family weekends. Save for Christmas, it's rare to get my little family together. On Friday night, my two brothers, soon-to-be-sister-in-law, Lila the Puppy, Betsy the Cat, Mama, and I all gathered for food and a catch up. It was SO lovely just to be surrounded by them. And topped off with a visit to the grandparents on Saturday? Lovely stuff!



... Suppers with the boys. As much as I love girly suppers, I had so much fun at dinner with A and J on Thursday night. More to follow on the evening, but safe to say I love catching up with my guy friends!

What's making you happy this week?

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the move - I confess I'm slightly jealous! I moved to the UK from Australia a few years ago, but somehow got stuck in Kent and never quite made it up there for my "London experience" that all Aussies seem to have! Happy with my home and my Man of Kent however xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new job and new home! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to London and good luck with your new job. I hope the city and the job treat you well! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been seeing hydrangeas a lot around where we live and they are just so lovely, the colours always pop too.

    Good luck with the new job - I hope the first day went well, sometimes it can be a scary one!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen blackberries in the wild, but perhaps they don't grow in Sweden. I love them though!
    Good luck with the new life!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're settling in well and that you had a great last week at home - we will go for that drink soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many wild blackberries near where I live, I've been meaning to check when they are in season and hopefully I haven't missed it. They seem to just be coming into fruit, so hopefully I can get down and pick some :) I love blackberry picking!

    Hope the internet gets sorted soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super good luck on your first day at new work! And happy settling in.
    M x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog