Friday, 8 August 2014

At This Moment...


On Thursday, instead of going home and going for a run, I let my boss and my colleagues drag me out for drinks, where I learnt all sorts of things, got to know my colleagues a little better, drank a little more than I should have, and managed not to make a fool of myself. I'm pretty pleased about that last bit in particular. 

It was a really good idea. I learnt a bit more about why they hired me, I was thoroughly flattered by some things that were said, and I feel like I have the potential to be really good at what I'm doing, if I have the confidence to do it- which I know I will. I know I've already impressed people, by pure virtue of the fact that I moved on Sunday night and started work on Monday morning. 

I am so happy that I'm a little scared. 

I feel like I should be unhappy. I should be regretting my break up, regretting my move, scared of it all. But I'm NOT. Even in the slightest. I'm really pleased about the way my life is at this very moment in time. I feel so happy I could sing from the rooftops,  and like every big decision I've made in the past two months was a really, really good idea. I like my job. I like my flat. I like everything about the tiny corner of a life I've built myself in the last five days- because that's all I've been here for, though it does feel like a lot longer. 

I know that things won't always be as peachy as this week has been. I know sometimes I'll be scared, I'll be exhausted, I'll be bored, I'll be unhappy. But right now? I'm so happy.

And isn't that marvellous?!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so so happy for you Miss Alice. You've taken some huge leaps, and i'm thrilled that they are working out well for you. IF any of that bottom stuff happens (scared, unhappy, bored) you have an open invite to Hampstead! Maddie will keep you from being bored and I'll feed you until you're happy again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! So glad you're loving London x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That is marvellous Alice, absolutely fantabulous.

    Joy // The Harpy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's brilliant! Big life changes can often be daunting, so it's lovely to hear that you're content :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy all these big changes are going well for you! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You went through quite a few life changes close together, and whilst that could be a head sore for some, you're loving it and that's great! So glad to hear all is going well!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relish in it and look forward to the future :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds awesome! It's so great when things work out in the end and good for you, you sound so happy! Hope every week is as wonderful, and if not, you have all these lovely weeks to look back on!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on feeling so great! So good to sing it from the rooftops; sometimes I find it's easy to get sucked in to the favourite British pastime of grumbling, no matter if things really are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That feeling means that all of those hard decisions you've made we're absolutely the right ones! Keep having a blast Alice.
    M x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog