Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Printed Jackets and White T-Shirts

On Saturday, I went for a lovely little potter in town in search of a dress for my aunt's wedding. As I mentioned yesterday, I found said dress- but in Mango, I also found the most brilliant jacket. I wasn't meant to be shopping for just random clothes- but could I resist? Could I hell...
Jacket, Mango (in the sale- similar here and here); Jeans, Zara; Sunglasses, Dorothy Perkins
I took it to Chepstow for a spin, and forced J to play photographer while I posed against the old city walls- so you know, thanks to him for getting these. He's a good egg, really. 


The jacket was £29.99, down from £45. I'm still not entirely convinced that I'm cool enough for it, but I love it. The background to the print is actually a sort of blue-y charcoal grey. It looks perfect with jeans and an oversized white tee, and I'm planning to pair it with shorts and a white shirt to travel to Barcelona next week. I also think it will look great over cream dresses (not that I own any), and possibly with one of my work dresses. I'm basically just going to try to work it into as many outfits as I possibly can.


It's perfect for the British summer weather. A light jacket (or blazer, depending on which way you look at it) which is perfect for lobbing on as you run out of the door, heavy enough to keep you warm when the weather is a bit dodgy, light enough to basically act as a cardigan when the weather is about as good as we get.

As the picture below shows- clearly I'm delighted with it.


As an aside- would you like to see more outfit posts from me? I can't promise future outfits won't all involve stripes...

22 comments:

  1. I love the jacket and the whole outfit basically! It's so comfy yet stylish and pretty. And the scenery is so pretty as well. I would definitely love to see you do more outfit posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria, so kind of you! I'll definitely try to do some more soon! x

      Delete
  2. That's adorable, great little off the hoof buy. Is 'off the hoof' a phrase? Do I mean 'off the cuff'??
    That aside, stripes are always marvellous, more please.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should make "off the hoof" an expression. But yes, I think you mean off the cuff. I'll show you some stripes soon, promise! x

      Delete
  3. It is blooming fabulous and you look so happy on your day in Chepstow! The power of a good blazer eh?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good blazer makes EVERYTHING better! x

      Delete
  4. That jacket is lovely. You look great! And I always enjoy outfit posts, so keep them coming :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely keen to do more, thanks Mimmi!

      Delete
  5. Awesome jacket! I love something that makes jeans and tshirt look more interesting, helps my laziness ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thinking too Elise!

      Delete
  6. Love this post.. You make it look so easy. I get far too nervous about having my picture taken. Look forward to the stripes ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me- to get three semi-decent pictures, there were about 50 ones where I looked confused, angry, worried, and just generally WRONG! x

      Delete
  7. That jacket is absolutely perfect on you! But I know how you feel about not feeling cool enough for it! I bought an amazing jacket from Zara once but took it back because I didn't feel like I could pull it off!
    And yes please to more outfit posts you lovely lady!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma!! I've just forced myself to wear it, so now I'm brave enough for it :) x

      Delete
  8. I love that jacket, you look gorgeous, Alice. Definitely more please!

    Anna xx | The Girl In The Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I'll definitely try to do more! x

      Delete
  9. That's a brilliant jacket and I love your photos, you're clearly just having so much fun in them. Well done for finding a good egg to snap them too, they're always useful.

    Joy // www.theharpy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! It was actually quite good fun shooting them! x

      Delete
  10. This is a great relaxed look, the jacket definitely suits you. I can see it being worn in Barcelona too!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! It did very nicely in Barcelona :) x

      Delete
  11. You look aweeeessomme!! I am never brave enough to buy prints like this and now you've got me feeling like I should dip my toe in...! I think you look fab and YES to posting more outfit posts - you have lots of energy and a genuine smile and that's something I'd like to see more of in outfit posts, the blogging world over!

    :)
    Enjoy Barcelona!

    Flora
    www.floraemay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you lovely Flora!! You so should- the great thing about a printed jacket is that if you get nervous of it, you can just whip it off! x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog