Monday, 28 July 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 77)

Can you believe that this time next week I'll be living and working in London!? I certainly can't. Or rather, I can, which led to a meltdown of slightly spectacular proportions on Sunday morning- to the point that it involved three hours on the phone to Mama CupandSaucer. It took most of that time for me to stop crying. That woman is a saint for putting up with me, helping me out, and general just sorting my life out for me. Honestly, I would be utterly and completely lost without her.

But hey! This isn't about the meltdowns, or the sadness, or anything else. This is about the happy things in life, and of those there are plenty. It's chin up, best foot forwards, and understanding that sometimes the scariest things are the best things that ever could happen to us. I am unbelievably excited for this next chapter, and a few tears are only to be understood.

(As an aside I think I talk more about being sad and stressed on a Monday than on any other day of the week. Perhaps it's a Sunday-night-itis type thing?! Who knows)

So! This week, happiness is...


... donut peaches. Good lord, aren't they incredible? I managed to get five of them, and 300g of fresh English raspberries (in Cardiff. In Wales) for £2. I love the fruit man on Queen Street! But mostly, I love those peaches. Absolutely summer all over- they're perfect.

... Gossip Girl. I may have been slightly (very) naughty and signed up for Netflix this weekend, and I'm steadily ploughing my way through season one of Gossip Girl. I may have watched it the whole way through when it first came out (in the pre-Netflix age when we couldn't gobble up entire series in one go), but I can't resist Chuck Bass again.


... lovely last days. Oh, I had the nicest last couple of days at work last week! Such sweet, thoughtful gifts, a lovely leaving lunch, and being made to feel like a really valued member of the team by the director, who insisted I kept in touch. It was great. (As an aside- can you believe that I have had three last days since I started this blog!? I really need to pipe down and settle down)

... absolute bargains. One way or another (the sale and an exchange were involved), I managed to get the Cath Kidston dress I have been coveting for weeks for £17 instead of £65. I was bloody delirious.


... lazing on a sunny afternoon in the summer time. Even if it was actually spent indoors with laptops, M and I had the most relaxing pre-evening chilling in the lounge while we waited for other M to get home from work so we could BBQ. It was amazing, and I'm going to miss her more than I can say when I leave in two days.

What's making you happy this week?

6 comments:

  1. I adore donut peaches!!! They are that bit more subtle and fragrant than regular peaches. I love all the fresh fruit that becomes available over the summer and this sunny weather is making pretty happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo is so sweet. I'm enjoying the last bit of my summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only recently discovered donut peaches! You always mention crying as such a bad thing on here :( crying gets it out, nothing wrong with being emotional about things! I'd much rather be passionate that I cry a lot than cold! You're gonna have so much fun in London! Moving to a new place is so so exciting, I'm so jealous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving donut peaches as well! They're perfect in this weather - sweet and refreshing. Good luck with packing up and getting ready to move. Arriving in London in August will be amazing - so much to see and do! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love donut peaches!! the best. i hope you settle into London quickly and smoothly, (Netflix will help!) and don't hesitate to give me a shout, always up for meeting for coffee or a bite :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I used to love the fruit man on Queen Street. We had a chat in Bute Park once. He has an enormous dog. Fact. Good luck with the move lovely - great things follow even the scariest starting points I promise xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog