Friday, 4 July 2014

Chepstow In Details

Chepstow is one of my favourite little towns in South Wales.


It's a sweet little market town that also has about 5000 pubs. Maybe that's an exaggeration- but my dad grew up nearby and tells me that there used to be a 1970s version of a pub crawl, where you had to half just a HALF in each pub- and apparently even this was a real real challenge come the end.


There are a lot of lovely things in Chepstow- and most of them in the details. There are beers to be drunk (or the memory of beers previously drunk)


There are a trange things hanging in trees which you can stare at while you listen to a welsh male voice choir sing "I Dreamed A Dream" (yes, really) 


There are bridges back into England, where I resisted the urge to stand and sing "Sur Le Pont D'Avignon" (I have no idea why I had the urge to do this, but I did)


There are flowerbeds which look like wildflower meadows when you get close enough.


There are signs in small tunnels that make you think you're stood on an escalator on the Tube.


And there's some of the prettiest and most usual bunting I've ever seen.


All in all, a lovely place to spend a Sunday.

Have you explored anywhere lovely lately?

8 comments:

  1. Ahh it looks cracking, I love the streets with bunting over them, how quaint! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quaint is a GREAT word to describe Chepstow!

      Delete
  2. I've never explored Chepstow. Another little nook of South Wales for me to discover. Thanks for sharing!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's lovely, worth a trip for sure! x

      Delete
  3. Looks really pretty love the bridge over the water and beautiful vibrant red poppies Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little town! I love the bunting in the town for seemingly no reason at all. I'd love to live in a town that does that! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the town near where I grew up they do it too! It's so festive :) x

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog