Sunday, 22 June 2014

Today I Believe...



... that cartwheels, bouncing on a trampoline, and waterfights are good for the soul. And body, it turns out, as I've woken up feeling like I've done 6000 sit ups.

... that bravery comes in all different forms.

... that telling a stranger that you love their outfit is a brilliant way to make their day 
(this happened to me on Thursday!)

... that British sunshine is some of my absolute very favourite sunshine. Maybe because it's mostly unexpected and fleeting?!

... that a trip "home" will always restore you, even if it's just as busy as your day-to-day life

... that people grow, and change, and sometimes aren't as awful as you once believed (even if you will continue to go steady around them)

... that comparison really is the thief of all joy, and the most important thing in the world is to do what is right for you.

... that Summer Solstice sunsets can be some of the most beautiful.

What do you believe this week?

Post inspired by the wonderful Laura of Little Things and Curiosities- you can view her Today I Believe series here

10 comments:

  1. I like this post, a good way of reminding yourself of the good things from the weekend :) sounds like you had a lovely one, let's hope the ever elusive British sunshine stick around for a few more! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been such a lovely weekend! I hope so too, this sunshine has just been blissful! xx

      Delete
  2. Being complimented on your outfits is the best! You're outfits always look so pretty, I'm not surprised :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks sweet pea! So lovely of you to say :) xx

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful. I have started to speak my mind- diplomatically on the negative, wholeheartedly on the positive. Like, on seeing a photo of a workmate's travelling daughter "she is SUCH a pretty girl!", huge beaming smile in response. I the past I would have politely commented in the scenery. Life is too short. Suck every last drop of joy. Rant over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like such a good idea! I bite my tongue so often on the positive things- and now I have no idea why. I'll be taking a leaf out of your book and telling people what I think a bit more frequently, I think!

      Delete
  4. I'm not surprised your tummy hurts! Cartwheels use your core so much that they're like a fun version of planking :P

    This week I believe that a little bit of kindness goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cartwheels are SO much more fun than planks!! Might have to do them more often...!

      Delete
  5. i really love this. how nice that someone complimented your outfit! i always want to tell strangers how great they look, but am always scared they'll think i'm a creeper... and a big yes to British sunshine. it's definitely not taken for granted! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! No, you should definitely tell them- it was one of the nicest things to happen to me in ages!! xx

      Delete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog