Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Llandudno

Last week, I took a little work trip to Llandudno.


 We left Cardiff Central at 13:21 on Tuesday, and arrived back at 21:42 on Thursday- and in between, squished in two ten-hour days in a conference center. So truth be told- I didn't get much time for exploring. I did find a statue of Alice in Wonderland though...


However. When I arrived on Tuesday night, I pulled my running shoes out of my bag, laced them up, and set off for a run along the sea front- only to be stopped less than five minutes in by a phone call from a colleague who had left her laptop on the train. (She managed to recover it, fortunately!!)


I've been to North Wales before, but never Llandudno- it was so pretty though, in a charming old seaside town kind of way. We had the best of the weather- glorious sunshine, beautiful sunsets, and perfect temperatures- and I could completely see why people apparently holiday here year after year after year.


 My hotel room had the loveliest little balcony, with a little table and a view of the sea- which I made the most of by enjoying a cup of tea out there before breakfast on Wednesday morning. And the lure of the sea proved too much for me on Wednesday evening, when I ran down to the shoreline before supper with colleagues, resulting in sandy feet and a big smile when I eventually dragged myself away.



I didn't get chance to explore the pier though. Which means I'll just have to find another excuse to trek up there- what a terrible, terrible shame...


Have you explored anywhere new recently?

10 comments:

  1. What beautiful views! I've never been there before but it definitely looks worth a visit. The Alice statue is adorable!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowser, Llandudno is an absolute babe.
    Gorgeous shots Alice.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks beautiful and sounds like you definitely made the most of it despite your long work days! You can't beat sun, sea and sand - love the image of you legging it barefoot down the beach before dinner :) xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superbly beautiful photos. Pity you didn't get more chance to explore, it looks just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to go the area for holidays as my grandparents lived there, I remember many sunny (and not so sunny) days on that beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Llandudno looks lovely, very quintessential British seaside town, and with an Alice in Wonderland statue - what more could you want?
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah if only I had realised you were in Llandudno sooner! Would have loved to meet you for a cup of tea!

    http://theuniversityffproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Llandudno is sweet. Go to Aberystwyth, if you haven't already. I went to university there, and it's one of my favourite places. A lot of the towns are gorgeous along Cardigan Bay actually, if you like Welsh seaside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My work go to a conference in Llandudno every year (they went recently so could actually be the same one!) and the photos that my colleagues show me always look beautiful, as do yours. I'd love to visit one day. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the statue of Alice--what's the Lewis Carroll connection there?

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog