Wednesday, 18 June 2014

How To Do Brunch Right

Take a group of six friends. Pile them around a table in the garden at 9am, and add two pots of tea, two bottles of orange juice, and a carton of some sort of smoothie.


Encourage everyone to bring something to go with pancakes and croissants. Marvel at the fact that no one brought bacon (we aren't a sweet-with-savoury sort of group).

Whisk up a batch of pancakes- to more than serve six, we used two mugfuls of self-raising flour, two mugfuls of milk, two eggs, a heaped teaspoon of baking powder, a drizzle of oil, and a few heaped spoonfuls of caster sugar. Whisk well, then fry in batches. Keep warm in the oven, and try not to flip any onto the floor.


Warm through a couple of packets of croissants. Find every possible croissant or pancake topping possible in the storecupboard- raspberry jam, honey, maple syrup, nutella, blueberry and lime jam- all are fair game here. Add bowls of blueberries, peaches, and sliced banana.

Pile everything onto the table- pass the jam, grab a pancake, and just generally let everyone dig in.


You're joining us next week, right? This lot are a friendly bunch. Promise. (And they asked to be here)

9 comments:

  1. 9am?! The only time I see 9am at the moment is when I haven't slept!
    This looks great :) sharing food with people is so important to me, I think it should be to everyone! Whether it's going out for food or eating together in the house. Last night me and two of my housemates ordered a chinese together, and earlier we went to a cafe for lunch (splashing out as we're all parting ways for summer!) and it was so perfect to be sitting around talking over food :')

    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sure know how to have a good brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a brunch kind of girl - I need food in my belly first thing - however even I'm convinced in wanting to join in! That table (it's contents mind you, not the table itself) looks delicious!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like you have all my favourite brunch items there! When I stay over at friends' houses, breakfasting is always the highlight!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looked amazing and such a good idea too but I don't think either myself or friends would be up by 9am. It's a lovely idea to get everyone round for a leisurely catch up :)

    The Life of Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, brunch! I absolutely adore brunch. This looks like a perfect one :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh this sounds like the best brunch in the world! I adore brunch and I haven't had one in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!! Divine!! Although to perfect it I'd add champagne to the orange jucie! Champagne breakfast... can never go wrong :)

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that sounds amazing.Pancake brunch.yummy.:)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog