Monday, 30 June 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 73)

Another Monday! Weekend days go so much faster than weekdays, don't you think? Perhaps this is because they're shorter- I certainly sleep in later, and often go to bed just as early, on weekends, so I do have less waking hours. But it's also because I move more slowly at weekends- in the week, I rush from place to place, leaving early so I'm not late- whereas at weekends, I take my time, moving luxuriously from bed, to shower, to breakfast table, to whatever weekend activity I have planned. It's a lovely way to spend my days. 

I'm sort of doing that thing at the moment where I ignore that things are happening because I'm excited and scared of them happening in equal measures. It's sort of all becoming real now and I'm, well, going to tell you about it this week. Promise.

Anyway. This week, happiness is...


... being "late" for work because I ate breakfast. Yep. Last Wednesday, I decided I just didn't have enough time to do everything I needed to do before 7:30 (which is when I normally leave the house). So I decided to look after myself, slow down, and go into work 15 minutes "late"- which was still 45 minutes earlier than most people in my team. It put me in such a good mood for the rest of the day!

... finding the perfect dress to wear to my aunt's wedding. OK, so she isn't getting married until September, but with the sales I could hardly not look for a dress- and I found the perfect one. This one, to be precise. It was definitely above my self-imposed budget, but I saw it, tried it on, and couldn't resist. I'm so excited to wear it!


... prosecco. M and I are currently using any excuse possible to drink prosecco. Celebration? Of course! Tuesday? Why not! It's just so delicious, and feels really very civilised. I'm also starting to bring J around to it- he seems to think he doesn't like champagne/ prosecco/ cava/ anything along these lines, but I'm persuading him that he is wrong. It's such a happy making drink.

... London Grammar. For some unknown reason, I hadn't listened to the whole of London Grammar's album If You Wait until this week. So to make up for it, I listened to it the whole way through four times at work on Thursday. What can I say? A) It's amazing. B) I'm antisocial. And I agree with Bee- the album basically has medicinal purposes.


... buying new books. Particularly books which I want to read, but which actually make me look clever too! This weekend I bought 30 Second Philosophies and Consumed: How We Buy Class In Modern Britain. Bonus points- I bought them from an independent bookshop! J, on the other hand, bought Andrea Pirlo's autobiography. I don't even know who that is.

What's making you happy this week?

5 comments:

  1. Excited to hear your news! I'm trying to guess what it could be aha! :D
    That dress is fab and you'll look stunning in it :) nothing wrong with spending a bit extra when you fall in love ;) xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well now you know! Thanks- it was definitely a naughty purchase, but hopefully will be worth it! x

      Delete
  2. That dress is lovely Alice! And I'm a HUGE advocate of prosecco for literally any occasion - there has not been enough of it in my life this year!

    Bxx
    b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is gorgeous! And I love buying books, although it very rarely happens... I should change that!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is lovely, such a beautiful shape to it. And go you for making some time for yourself in the morning!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog