Monday, 2 June 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 69)

As I write this, I'm sipping decaf tea, contemplating finishing the bag of M&Ms I was nibbling on the train, and reminiscing about a bloody brilliant weekend with five of my favourite girls. I'm dreading what will be a six day working week, but feeling happy after a bloody good weekend.

And hey look! A new layout! Isn't it pretty? My darling Bess was up with me til nearly 2am on Friday night/ Saturday morning, patiently waiting while I umm-ed and ahh-ed over fonts and colours, and then made it all pretty for me. She's awesome, and I love her dearly.

So yes. I may be unwilling to return to work after a bloody wonderful weekend, and I'm tired, and happy, but this week, happiness is...


... bloggers who become friends. Isn't it a funny thing, this blogging malarky? Without it, I wouldn't know the girls who I speak to more than any other group of people on a daily basis. It's a pretty great consequence of sharing my thoughts for your viewing pleasure. Emily, Emma, Bess, Jenny, and Ellie- you are all unbelievably great.

... travelling backwards on the train. Most people I know tell me this makes them feel sick. Fine, you can all sit in the boring forward facing seats- I love travelling backwards on the train. No idea why, but it certainly makes me very happy.

Source
... Liberty. Until yesterday, I had never been to Liberty. BOY was I missing out. Isn't it great?! If you haven't been, you should. I could have spent all day there- it's wonderful (the chocolate shop and stationery departments are particularly lovely).



... songs from Disney films. I've had When Will My Life Begin from Tangled stuck in my head for days now- and Let It Go is kind of permanently primed to burst from my lips. And do I care? Nope. Bloody love Disney music!

... Cards Against Humanity. Oh. My. God. If you haven't played this, you must. It is possibly the funniest game in the world ever, though maybe not one for the easily offended/ faint-hearted. 

What's making you happy this week?

9 comments:

  1. Love this list (minus the sitting backwards on the train bit - not for me! haha). I haven't been to Liberty since last time I was in the UK, need to fix that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards Against Humanity is quite possibly the best game ever invented. But you're right, it's definitely not for those who are easily offended! Your weekend sounds lovely, and it's so amazing that you've met so many close friends through blogging :) the new layout is adorable!

    Imogen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I have been loving all your and the other girls' pictures from your weekend, it looks so lovely and I can't wait to read all your accounts of it! I also wanted to move into the stationery department at Liberty when I moved in - did you watch the C4 documentary series about the staff there? It was seriously good haha

    Bxx
    b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are lovely. I wish I'd made some pals through blogging but it hasn't happened yet. I love the new layout. I too am on a disney songs fest at the moment. Push through the 6 days of work and you can have fun in the sun again!
    www.prettynostalgia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I love Cards Against Humanity! So funny. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy whenever Let it Go comes on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this list! I was at a cabin with some of my good friends from college this weekend and we just sat around talking and laughing and... you guessed it: playing cards against humanity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that song from Tangled! Also Mother Knows Best is another uh-mazing one, I think. Your new design is too cute, the Alice/teacup combo is too clever (&cute!)! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love 'Let it go' can't stop singing it! Love the new layout :) this week happiness has been relaxing with my friends and having nothing to worry about, planning my birthday and sunny days out :) xo

    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new layout, Alice! I spotted it earlier and then had to flick back through Bloglovin to see when it had happened :)

    I have always wanted to go to Liberty. Such a quirky building. The TV series on 4 last year only reinforced how much I want to go there! Totally overpriced and beyond my means, but perhaps one very special Christmas ornament would be nice...

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog