Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Blogger Book Club- Take Four!!

So it's that time again!! Jenny and I are so excited to launch the fourth edition of The Blogger Book Club- and once again, it is over to you to help us pick what to read next!


Our last chat took place on Skype, and was so successful- it was great to be able to chat in real time, and respond to everyone's thoughts immediately. It certainly made me think about The Silent Wife differently! We're planning to continue with this format for the next chat, so please make sure you're signed up to our mailing list (you can do this below) to get our Skype names and join in!

Jenny and I were also chatting last night, and we are thinking of arranging a Christmas Blogger Book Club meet up! This would likely take place in London on a weekend in December, and we'd have a good natter about a book over tea and cake in person. What would be your thoughts on this? Would you be interested in attending? I do hope so, I'm already getting overexcited about this and thinking about places we could hold it...



But anyway. Back to the matter at hand! At the end of the last chat, the girls and I each nominated a book or two to discuss in our next chat- which will be taking place at the beginning of September. As we did last time, Jenny and I will be sending out a poll so you can help us choose our book- and the nominees are....

I haven't read any Murakami before, but I hear his work is beautiful. For a very short blurb on Amazon, this sounds wonderful- a real book to get lost in, perfect for summer reading!

This has actually been sitting on my bookshelf for a while, but is something I haven't got around to reading yet- I'd absolutely love an excuse to though (not that I need an excuse to read, but you know...)

This sounds so interesting, and pretty topical in a lot of ways. It doesn't actually sound like the sort of thing I'd normally pick up, but I'm really enthusiastic about giving it a go if this is the one we pick!

Doesn't this just sound like something else?! I'm so intrigued by this book that I think I'll have to get it even if we don't choose it for this chat!

A confession: I've actually already read this. But I can therefore vouch for it's wonderfulness. It's so evocative, and knowing Guernsey and its history pretty well, it is so perfect. I strongly recommend.

(Obligatory picture of Guernsey as a result of that last one)
So yes! If you haven't already, please sign up below as soon as possible- we'll be sending out the email with the poll pretty soon, as we'd like to have picked a book by 12th July!

Come on. Get involved. We're lovely, and these books all look fantastic- I'm so excited to read one (or maybe more than one, if we pick one that isn't my first choice!) of them!




Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format

11 comments:

  1. Yay so glad this is happenin again! I've missed out because of uni work but i'm on holidays now so have the time to join in :) i've subscribed and i'm so excited now! especially at the prospect of a meet up! i love your blog and really admire you, meeting you in person would be great :)

    amber love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber you are just the sweetest!! So glad to have you on board, can't wait to see which book we pick!

      Delete
  2. I've read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society too; it's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that book- it would be so nice to have an excuse to read it again!

      Delete
  3. Yay - now that the end of my course is finally in sight I can finally join! I've just subscribed and I would definitely be up for a Christmas meetup, sounds divine (and how is it time to begin thinking about Christmas things already?!)

    Bxx
    b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing!! So happy to have you along Bella. And I know, seems crazy to be thinking about Christmas already- but I'm so happy you'd be keen for the meet up, would be so lovely to see you again! xx

      Delete
  4. CHRISTMAS MEET UP SOUNDS AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy Loretta!! Glad to have you on board :)

      Delete
  5. I've just signed up :) Can't remember why I didn't join up the last time around (I must have forgotten!) but am looking forward to taking part this time. And a meet-up in December sounds wonderful. The last book on the list really does sound like a good read, so I'll probably add that to my 'to-read' list even if it doesn't get picked xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing! So happy to have you on board Hannah :) Honestly, that book is great, definitely one for your to-read list! xx

      Delete
  6. Just signed up! Like Hannah above, I'm not really sure why I haven't signed up before but I have now :-) The books all look pretty good, I'm looking forward to taking part! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog