Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Things I've Learnt This Week


This week, I've learnt that I can play table tennis equally well with my left hand as my right hand.

I've learnt that you really don't ever forget how to ride a bike, even if you only do it once or twice a year.

I've learnt that not closing my curtains properly means I get woken up by daylight- and that's more than okay.

I've learnt that I'm awful at replying to emails.

I've learnt that bottling things up never ends well.

I've learnt that sometimes, the hardest conversations are the ones you need to have the most.

I've learnt that none of us talk about our feelings enough.

I've learnt that what we often think is unique to us is actually often felt by others too.

I've learnt that letting myself take a break might be okay sometimes.

I've learnt that I don't hide my emotions very well.

I've learnt that people are nicer to me than I deserve.

I've learnt that I do not always treat the people I love most as well as I should.

 I've learnt that forgiveness is a beautiful thing.

I've learnt that moving forward, blindly feeling our way and hoping that things will work out is just about all any of us can ever do.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you've had a good week - it sounds like you've done some real soul searching. Jealous of your table tennis skillz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good list. It's good to remind ourselves of our shortcomings and realise that in the end they're what make us human. I want to write some of these up and stick them on the wall, especially the idea about forgiveness being beautiful!

    Tamsin xx | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that we don't nearly talk about our feelings enough.. it's so important. and that last one is such a beautiful things to learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. Sounds like you've had a very philosophical week :) xx

    Katy | www.littlemisskaty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection of lessons from the past week AND awesome picture! Man, emails get me quite abit too - I'll read them then forget about them... haha oh dear
    I also agree about those hard conversations, they're tough but sometimes good things can eventually come from them, whether it's right away, or down the road :)
    Great post!

    Cat // CACHOO JOO

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog