Monday, 19 May 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 67)

I'm going back to work today feeling ten times lighter than I did this time last week. I'm not going to lie- the last few weeks have been unbelievably stressful, but it seems that things are starting to settle down, sort themselves out, and just generally get back to some semblance of normal- and I'm incredibly grateful for that. 

I don't have much more to add other than that, actually- so without any further ado, this week, happiness is...


... unexpectedly lovely weekends. I decided on Thursday evening that what I really needed was a trip back to Devon, and it's one of the best weekends I've had in ages. I'm sure I'll fill you in on the details during the week, but it involved seeing J, a picnic/ afternoon out with some of my favourite friends in one of my favourite places, supper out, coffee with papatron and Little L, and a day at the beach. All in two days.

... long days. I love this time of year for the bright mornings and long, light evenings. I drove across the Severn Bridge last night at gone 9pm and the sun was just setting. Isn't it blissful!?


... ice cream season. I bloody love ice cream. I don't eat anywhere near enough of it. This weekend was all about the mint choc chip (a flavour I almost never have), and the raspberry pavlova flavours. You really can't beat local ice cream in the South West.

... spending more hours outside than inside. Which is exactly what I did this weekend. Hello Vitamin D, browning limbs, and a sunburnt shoulder (I missed that bit with the SPF 30)!!

Found
... picnics. Eating outside on a blanket is the best way to eat, in my opinion. I found my picnic basket at home yesterday, and have brought it back to Cardiff with me. I'm warning you now- expect plenty of picnic-y pictures if this weather holds.

A particularly seasonal edition, I'm sure you'll agree. What's making you happy this week?

1 comment:

  1. lovely :) there's nothing like being outside in the sun all day!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog