Monday, 12 May 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 66)

I'm still in the midst of my six weeks without doing a full week at work. Seriously, I feel like a bit of a part timer at the moment- it's all these bank holidays, plus a couple of days of annual leave. I'm not complaining though- it's just a shame that the same amount of work needs to be done in three days, instead of five. How do people who are actually part time ever get anything done!?

I'm enjoying it all though- I thrive on being busy, so I like having packed weeks, full weekends, and plenty to do in between. That said, I also need a little bit of alone time to recuperate every now and then- it's all about balance, after all.

So yes. Busy bee, but enjoying every minute of it. And aside from that, this week, happiness is....

From here
... freshly painted nails. I am terrible at letting my nails chip, then forgetting to take the polish off for a pretty long time after that. So I love that day just after I've painted my nails when they haven't smudged, or chipped, and I look faintly polished for once. 

... the Frozen soundtrack. Yes, I'm a child inside- no, I really don't care. I bought this the other day, and now any solo car journeys involve me belting "LET IT GO, LET IT GOOO" at the top of my voice, much to the amusement of pedestrians when I'm waiting at traffic lights.

Add caption
... escaping the rain. I know I've mentioned this before, but it rains a lot in Cardiff. Seriously. And as much as I love walking to work, I do not love being rained on. Which is why it's particularly brilliant when I have to drive to work (for a meeting or suchlike) and therefore escape the rain. And there's something about watching the rain from the inside of a car, isn't there?

... doing what's right for me. I'm quite guilty of waiting for others to do things, wanting other peoples' approval, worrying about hurting people. I'm happiest when I do the thing that's right for me, and I've been doing this a bit more recently- I'd strongly recommend it, actually.

From here
... croissants. Terrible for you on every level other than being good for the soul. But so so so delicious- one of these days, I'll finally get around to making some from scratch, and then I will be the size of a house. But it will be oh so worth it.

What's making you happy this week?

4 comments:

  1. I miss driving for one reason and one reason only. The singing at the top of your lungs! Sadly if I tried that on my walk to work I think I would be mistaken for a howling wolf and sent to the zoo. This week I am making an effort to enjoy the small tick list of to-do things. I get overwhelmed with all the things on my big lists so I am trying enjoy doing things little by little.
    Cute nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been shouting along to the Frozen soundtrack as well this week, I've also been eating a lot of pastries...

    I love looking at those nail images on Pinterest, especially where the lipstick matches the nails because they're so obviously photoshopped into an inch of their lives. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh homemade croissants are on my to do list too, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I crave a croissant now! I'm just not sure a gluten free one would be worth the longing though. Good on you for making some decisions for you, if you don't, who will?? Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog