Monday, 5 May 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 65)

I'm in a funny old mood as I'm writing this. Happy, yes, but my head is a bit all over the place. It's kind of to be expected- I had a bit of a rough week last week, and there's just been a lot going on really, so sooner or later it was going to catch up with me. But generally speaking I'm well, and I'm not a fan of filling my little corner of the internet with whinges and whines, and things will sort themselves out soon I'm sure.

As a result, it took a good while for me to be able to work out what to actually write this week- but I got there in the end, and it wasn't terribly tricky to think of happy-making things- it was more a lot of them just weren't the things I wanted to write here.

But anyway- I'm waffling. So this week, happiness is...

From here
... sunny bank holiday weekends! They're few and far between, aren't they?! J and I have made the most of this one so far by spending almost all of it outside. Even lovelier was the fact that the forecast was actually pretty mediocre- I'm convinced the weather people did it to make people happy with some unexpected sunshine (though I'm not convinced the Met Office bods I know would agree). And we still an extra day to do whatever else we fancy! Lovely stuff.

... friends doing awesomely- I am so SO SO happy for my lovely Bess at the movement, with her new job and impending move and everything. AND my school bestie is buying a house. I love it when the people I love do great things!! 

Found here

... being 24. As I said in this post, this is a weird stressful age where everyone is doing things differently. But it's also an age where it's still socially acceptable to drink all the wine in Exeter and dance until gone 2am. And doing exactly that on Saturday night made me very happy indeed.

.... terrible ridiculous girly films. M, N and I went to see The Other Woman last week. Honestly? It's dreadful. But sometimes you just need to watch a terrible film with the girls, don't you?! Bonus points for enormous bags of pic n mix.
... the smell of suncream. J got hilariously badly sunburnt on Saturday, so before we went out on Sunday, we decided it would be a good idea to pick up some factor 30. The smell of it is just instantly summery, don't you think?! It's certainly very happy-making.

What's making you happy this week?

2 comments:

  1. Sunny bank holidays are the bestest. I was gutted when the forecast on Friday was saying rain all weekend! Is 'The Other Woman' really that bad? I really want to go and see it! x

    Katy | Little Miss Katy

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog