Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Enough

How is it that even the long weekends never seem quite long enough?

I really do like my job, but recently, I've been finding myself with rather bad cases of Sunday-night-itis, lying in bed grumpily wishing I didn't have to get up the next morning. 


It's just the weekends are never enough. Maybe it's me being greedy. I mean, two sevenths of our working lives are given over to us as completely gratuitous free time- time to run off and play in the sunshine, or hole up on the sofa, or lie under the stars. So maybe asking for more is just a bit selfish? Who knows.


This weekend was a fun one. After a reasonably-okay-not-quite-terrible journey from Cardiff to Exeter Friday night was spent demolishing cocktails and burgers, chatting with new people, and generally enjoying being 24.



Saturday involved my favourite smoothie, a potter around town, a drive to Mama CupandSaucer's house, a good long catch up, and a curry that left me feeling almost as food-comatose as the burgers had the previous night.


Sunday included introducing J to my dad for the first time (!!!!!), celebratory steak sandwiches for lunch, baking carrot cake, cosying up on the sofa, setting Mama CupandSaucer's new iPhone up properly, baking a Badass Chicken and Leek pie, and a cinema trip to see the new X-Men film (it's the one superhero franchise I can properly get on board with. And I'd really recommend this one).



And yesterday? The sun put his hat on, so we slapped on suncream and walked the six miles to Tavistock. We were sitting in the sun drinking tea when we got a text from E, inviting us to come and meet his and A's new sproodle puppy, Lila. She is honestly the cutest puppy I think I've ever seen in real life, and next time I visit I might just try to squeeze her in my handbag and steal her away back to Cardiff. 



So to be honest, the weekend was quite enough. Just enough relaxation to make me feel like I've been put back together a little, and enough sunshine to get some Vitamin D without getting burnt. It was just so lovely, I wish it had been another ten days long. But I suppose if we had three day weekends all the time, we wouldn't appreciate them so much, would we?

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. i feel the same lately. no matter how early i go to bed, i still feel tired and hard to get up in the morning. blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures! I get you - and i dont even GET weekends off lol. But whether i have a day off or ive booked a week, i get the sunday blues too. I too love my job, but id love it more if i could just potter and be me and be paid for it! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the most perfect weekend, all that food can't fail to put a smile on your face! I love the weekend, but a weird sick part of me likes the routine of work... I need to get out more x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel much unhappier about going back to work when I haven't done much with my weekend. It makes me feel so lethargic!

    I think having the sunshine is soo helpful when trying to motivate yourself to go to work.

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog