Thursday, 15 May 2014

Boston Tea Party

I like breakfast. I like brunch. I just like food, actually. Seriously- I'm quite scared to stand on my scales at the moment because I KNOW I am well over my comfort weight and I'm not very happy about it. But I like food, so, well, I probably won't be losing weight anytime soon.


J and I are on a bit of a mission to try out all the awesome breakfast and brunch places in Cardiff and Exeter, and Boston Tea Party was next on our list. I've been before for coffee, and I always thought that Boston Tea Party was independent, or unique to Exeter. Turns out, there are loads of them- primarily in places beginning with B (Bristol, Bath, Birmingham, Barnstaple....), but generally scattered around a bit. I would suggest you find your nearest one and go.


Unfortunately, we'd had a late supper of pizza the night before, and I was feeling slightly grim as a result- so I couldn't stomach my normal brunch of Eggs Benedict. Instead, I went for a blueberry and ginger smoothie, grapefruit, and a cute little cup of granola. J, on the other hand, went for The Boss- which was a ridiculous huge Full English. He'd recommend. 


The Boston Tea Party in Exeter has a few little tables downstairs, and a great big open upstairs with big tables you could share with total strangers if you so wished- and given that I'm a big fan of communal dining, I'm a big fan of this set up. It attracts a great mix of people too- on the morning we went, there were students revising, people perusing the morning papers, mothers and children, and a scattering of couples and groups of friends. It made for a great atmosphere, and a lovely place to spend an hour or so- even if I was stropping (I probably was).


Other great things about Boston Tea Party- they  like free range, they like sustainable, they have the most ridiculously enormous list of teas I've seen almost anywhere, and it's just generally a nice place to be. Great breakfast, good atmosphere, nice morals, tea. What more do you need?

Can you recommend anywhere else for breakfast in Exeter or Cardiff?

8 comments:

  1. It sounds lovely! Breakfast/brunch is my favourite meal of the day. Going to look and see if they have one of these in London! xx

    Katy | www.littlemisskaty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you need to stop going to places! I have a post about Bostons too, love that place. And Hubbox but you already did that too.
    STAY INDOORS!
    But have you been to Cakeadoodledo in Exeter yet? By the Cathedral. Kate makes the absolute best cakes.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston Tea Party is my absolute favourite brunch spot in Bath! I didn't realise there were more!! If you pop back in there, have the alice in wonderland iced tea - you won't regret it :)
    Grace
    theartofwandering.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to a Boston Tea Party in Honiton before, it was also great. I wouldn't worry about being a bit over your comfort weight (join the club) especially if you're having grapefruit for breakfast - that's totally allowed :). x

    www.teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't help you out with the brunch places, but I haven't had grapefruit with sugar in such a long time! Looks an ideal spot for some healthy breakfast.

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever eaten a specific brunch out! A full English is my brunch of choice but I'd love a multi course one. Something to try this year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds fantastic. I went out for brunch today but ended up having chilli and garlic tiger prawns - it was hitting 12.30pm and felt like almost lunchtime, but Eggs Benedict is usually my favourite choice too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love proper breakfasts and grapefruits are perfect xo

    amber love

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog