Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Scenes From My Weekend

I was originally planning on doing some sort of photo-an-hour type post for Saturday, but I'm pretty forgetful when it comes to things like that so instead, you get a nice mishmash of pictures from across both weekend days. Don't you go saying I'm not good to you. 

This was the first weekend in goodness only knows how long that I've been in Cardiff, without J, with no plans at all. I woke up on Saturday morning slightly at a loss as to what I was supposed to do with myself- I'm used to having things to do, places to be, people to see. This weekend? Not so.



It began slowly, with blogging in bed (I do love my bed, despite being a morning person) followed by tea, juice, and hot cross buns for breakfast. But I soon decided that I needed to be out and about, and shortly after 10am, I was strolling around Roath Park, where I promptly got caught in a torrential downpour without any appropriate rain gear. Seriously, you'd have thought that living in Wales throughout uni would have taught me to take an umbrella everywhere, but this seems not to be the case.



At least the flowers brightened things up. After pottering at home, blitzing my bedroom, changing my sheets, and generally making the place look awesome, I decided it was time for lunch- quinoa salad with poached eggs. I mean, just look at it. YUM. 


And then my bed fell apart. Fortunately, it does this on a fairly regular basis, so I've got pretty good at just jamming it back together. We're buying brackets for it at the weekend to stop it- otherwise, it's going to give me a complex about my weight (ha!)


It suddenly dawned on me around 2pm on Saturday that I had never visited the National Museum of Wales, and I decided this had to be rectified immediately. Despite the dinosaur section being full of screaming children, the rest of the museum was wonderful- they have some gorgeous Impressionist pieces, and the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibit was just incredible. Seriously- check if it's coming to a museum near you, it's completely worth a trip.


This one was my favourite. Full credit to Per-Gunnar Ostby
A free hot chocolate and a copy of The Times kept me occupied in Coffee #1 for a good hour or so, before I made my way home for an indoor BBQ and wine with M and F. We chowed down on delicious sausages, chicken marinated in coriander, lemon, and lime, and sipped wine kindly donated to me by J because he doesn't drink wine- a situation I am trying to rectify.



I was particularly terrible at taking pictures on Sunday- but the morning was taken up by re-painting our kitchen. Previously, it was bright yellow, which suprisingly made the room very dim. The beautiful creamy white we now have makes the room so much brighter, and we are very, very happy with it.

The rest of the day passed in a blur of bikini buying, TK Maxx browsing, John Lewis visiting, tea drinking, lasagne eating, and Cluedo playing. It was blissful. 


How was your weekend? Do you have any exciting plans for the bank holiday?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend :) I love your bedspread by the way! x

    Katy | Little Miss Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just excited you were drinking Aussie wine- any good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that swan photo by Per-Gunnar Ostby from the Wildlife Photographer exhibition - so poetic and beautiful! Sounds like a lovely weekend, makes me want to explore Wales more!

    Tamsin xx | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my perfect weekend! The park and the flowers look glorious. I also like the sound of an indoor bbq! I've been working on Lee liking wine for 5 years, it hasn't worked yet... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely weekend - although I think it would have taken me a little while to get over the shock of my bed falling apart! Where are your lovely bed sheets from?

    (PS: I've only recently discovered your blog and have spent a few days reading back through your posts! :) Hello!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same bed sheets! Looks like a productive weekend. I have no plans for the bank holiday weekend, I'm terrible at making plans for it!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful weekend :) The ones with no plans are often the best!

    MissPond x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so lovely Alice - and I feel you on J not drinking wine, Rory doesn't either and it's the bane of my life!

    Bxx
    b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog