Monday, 28 April 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 64)

For a "quiet weekend" at home in Cardiff, without J visiting and without any set plans, I ended up cramming an awful lot in. It was so much fun though- it seems I don't do "quiet" very well any more, I get bored and fidgety and feel blue if I don't do lots of fun things- I have decided that goo things happen to busy people. 

Of course, it does mean I always start the working week tired, but I've decided fun weekends are worth that.

My head has been a bit of a middle lately, however, and this weekend may have made that worse but I'm still feeling bright and shiny and that's the important thing.

Anyways. This week, happiness is...

Found here

...grown up conversations. You know how sometimes you feel like you get stuck in a rut of just talking about what you've been up to lately, who is sleeping with who, what's been on TV, and so on? On Saturday night, F came to stay and M, F and I had conversations ranging from the youth of today (cocky shits) to whether Scotland should leave Great Britain (no) and what's going on in the eurozone. Admittedly, we also watched Toy Story 3 and Gogglebox, but still- having proper, grown up conversations was just lovely. Oh, I'm so boring. 

... free drinks. This weekend I wangled free drinks in both in Coffee #1 and John Lewis- and there I got cake too- due to full loyalty cards and My John Lewis vouchers. So of course I went for the biggest hot chocolate I could find in Coffee #1, and the greatest piece of Bakewell tart in John Lewis. Because if it's free, the calories don't count, do they?! 

From Molly Yeh
... hummus. I think I've eaten my body weight in the stuff this weekend and it has been GREAT.

... board games. On Sunday evening, after an amazing lasagne for supper, M, M, F and I settled down to a game of Cluedo. Of all the board games, it's the one I get least competitive over because I am just so bad at it. M won when I still wasn't anywhere near to knowing who the murderer was- so I'm just going to have to practice. Which isn't exactly tricky, considering how fun it is!



... painting/ general DIY. M and I spent Sunday morning painting the kitchen. Previously, it was bright yellow and now it's a lovely cream. It was SO satisfying, and I managed not to fall off a chair while painting. And the kitchen now looks awesome- wins all round! 

What's made you happy this week? 

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a perfect weekend - you can't beat good food and good friends. And board games! I love board games. Glad you managed to get rid of the yellow in the kitchen, I must admit, I too thought you were holding a toilet roll on the instagram photo, teehee! xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exactly the same! I can't sit still and do nothing, especially at the weekend. I love to fill each day up with fun things. My boyfriend doesn't really get it, I think he craves the day I'll just let him chill on the sofa!

    We had our free John Lewis cake at the weekend too :D I had a huge slice of chocolate cake :D Lucky it's almost May so it'll be free cake time again!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alice! I nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog