Monday, 21 April 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 63)

Hasn't it been just blissful having four full days off in a row without having to take annual leave?! I drove straight to Mama CupandSaucer's house from work on Thursday evening, picking up J on my way, and spent three lovely days relaxing, being looked after, and catching up. Today, I'm spending the day with the lovely Jenny, which promises to be rather lovely indeed.

Everything is still crazily busy- I'm booked up all through May and well into June, and I'm already making plans for the autumn. I just kind of want to put the brakes on a little, and really enjoy right now- and I think this long weekend has been perfect for that.

Anyway. This week, happiness is...


... all the bluebells! Aren't they just the most beautiful flowers? I much prefer them when they're in their natural habitat- as in, outside, in the wild, rather than having them in a jar in the house. They are one of my favourite things about this time of year.

... catching up with old friends. I'm not always the best at keeping in touch, particularly not with my two best friends from school. Fortunately, we were all at our parents' houses for Easter, and on Saturday descended on a local cafe for tea and a catch up. There's been so much going on in all of our lives recently it was just crazy, but as always it was so good to see them.

From here
... al fresco dining. As I mentioned yesterday, we managed to eat outside at Honest on Monday night and it was just blissful. I can't wait for the evenings to get just a little bit warmer to be able to eat outside more often. Picnics, BBQs, dinner parties outside, breakfast in the park- it's my favourite!

... hearing birdsong. I hadn't really realised how little birdsong there is near my Cardiff home until Saturday morning, when I was overheating in bed at Mama CupandSaucer's house, and threw open the window. I was greeted by a cacophony of birdsong, and I just lay in bed listening for ages- it's such a lovely sound!

From here
... being able to eat chocolate again! Goodness me, it wasn't easy giving up chocolate for Lent, and I'll be doing a full post on my thoughts on whether it was worth it, but for now, suffice to say I'm very very happy to be able to eat it again.

What's making you happy this week? 

2 comments:

  1. I miss the sound of birdsong, not having a garden, or many flowers/tress around our apartment we're pretty sparse with birds that's for sure. What made me happy in the last week was the sellers of the house we have an offer on agreeing to make all the property fixings/work (it was a pretty long list) so we're inching forward with house buying, albeit slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, I love being able to have four days off without taking any leave!

    Sounds like you had such a blissful weekend - we just hung out and were able to actually get some stuff done around the house - and of course eat lots!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog