Monday, 14 April 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 62)

I'm only in work for two days this week- Wednesday and Thursday, due to a little trip to the Big Smoke today and tomorrow, and Good Friday on, well, Friday. I am so excited for a little bit of time off- theoretically to recharge the batteries, but in practice, just to do all the things. Mama CupandSaucer text me last night saying "What a busy time you are having! Work just gets in the way, doesn't it?"- and realistically, she couldn't have been more right.

Last week was a complete emotional rollercoaster, with some seriously great highs, and some really sad news too. But I suppose that's all part of life, isn't it? We have to take the good with the bad and just hope that we make it through as unscathed as possible.

On the whole though, things are pretty good. I didn't struggle to think of things to write today, that's for sure- so without further ado, this week, happiness is...


... paddling in the sea. I went for my first paddle in the sea of the year yesterday, and I couldn't have been happier about it- as you can probably tell from my delirious grin- even if my feet did feel like they were going to fall off.

... playing pool. I'm dreadful- seriously, I managed to not pot a ball that was teetering at the edge of a pockets- but I absolutely love playing pool. There's just something about it, isn't there?!


... Frozen. I finally saw it for the first time last Wednesday, and I can't believe it took me that long. I've already watched it a second time to make up for my tardiness. I may have a fair few issues with it (which I won't go into unless you ask me), but I've been singing Let It Go ever since, and on Sunday morning when J told me to go back to sleep, I instantly responded with "The sky's awake, so I'm awake". Instant classic. (His reaction was much like Elsa's, too)

... cake and champagne. Because let's be honest, is there actually a better combination than that- particularly when you're surrounded by 11 of your absolute very favourite people?! No, no there is not.


... odd but brilliant flavours of ice-cream. I live very close to Joe's Ice Cream, where I tried Welsh Cake ice cream the other week. And yesterday, in Antonio's in Exmouth, I demolished scoops of Hot Cross Bun and Jam Doughnut flavour ice creams. Seriously, who needs boring old strawberry when you've got that!?

What's making you happy this week?

7 comments:

  1. Jam donut flavour ice cream? And you call yourself a food blogger? No.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really did make me feel happy :) Full of lots of lovely cheery things!

    I love Frozen so so much, I need to get the DVD!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely happy post!

    Amazing ice cream flavours - they sound amazing. I only dared to put my hands in the sea last week at Brighton it was just TOO cold!

    Hoping to watch Frozen this week. I want to know why my three/four year olds love it so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree about the pool. I am so rubbish but I have played more in this last week than probably the rest of my life - the random things I get up to at work. I am now to the standard where I can beat (read: not epically fail) against the children, but my friends still won't play with me!
    I love the coast and paddling. Must get to the beach soon
    Kate xx
    http://appreciatetheday45.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't seen Frozen! Need to get on it, ASAP. Also... no one can play pool. At least, that's what I tell myself. How can anyone play it?? HAAAAARD xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched frozen for the first time today! Glad I'm not the only one slightly behind on this one... xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog