Monday, 31 March 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 60)

If I had to describe life at the moment in a couple of words, it would be "full on". In terms of work, home, family, and everything in between- there's an awful lot going on at the moment. For the most part, it's all good- seeing friends, doing well at work, catching up with family, spending time with J- but there are also some not-quite-so-great bits which we'll leave for another day, perhaps.

I like being hectic, but my god is it tiring. I thought I hadn't noticed the clocks changing yesterday, but when I was writing this I suddenly felt all out of whack and ridiculously tired. Fingers crossed, I'll be able to make it through a Monday disguised as a training day without having to nap under the table.

So. This week, happiness is...

Found here
... decaffeinated tea. Seriously. One of my favourite inventions ever- I can't drink anything caffeinated after about 6pm, or I sleep really very badly and have the most hilariously bizarre dreams. Decaf tea therefore makes me exceptionally happy.

... seeing Mama CupandSaucer and The Brothers. Yesterday, Mama CupandSaucer, my brothers and I all congregated in Exeter for the day. We drank tea, ate burgers, pottered around in the sunshine, drank more tea, chattered about wedding related things (NOT my wedding, before you get over excited) and headed back to our respective towns and cities. It was such a lovely way to spend the day, and Mama was just so happy to have the three of us in the same place at the same time. Lovely stuff.

Found here
... doing the right thing. To paraphrase Dumbledore- often in life, we have to choose between doing what is right, and what is easy. Without going into any detail whatsoever, over the last couple of weeks I've taken the easy route by just pretending certain things aren't happening, and thereby completely ignoring the right thing to do. On Saturday I finally manned up, and did what I needed to do. And while I'm not happy about it, I certainly feel lighter for having done it.

... really, hilariously frank conversations. You know, the ones that are way easier when you're driving and you actually can't look at the other person, because if you were having this conversation over the supper table it would probably be incredibly awkward? Yeah, those. Fantastic.

... seeing your hard work pay off. I've put a lot into work over the past couple of weeks, and seeing the fruits of my labour on Friday resulted in a shriek of "YAY!", running across the office, and doing a happy dance in a meeting room. Yes, really. My boss thought it was hilarious, fortunately.

What's making you happy this week?

3 comments:

  1. How lovely for your mum, my mum has to settle for (and is still thrilled with) a skype call when my brother and I are together!!! I hope you get to do lots more happy dances at work this week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woop woop! Congrats on being amazing at work - what a lovely feeling that must be + quite a show for your boss! This week, online shopping is making me happy!! That's my procrastination while I try to write this dissertation.
    Bella xx
    howdoesitfeeltobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the not so great parts of your week aren't bothering you too much. Setting the clocks forward has really confused me this time. It never normally does! This time around I find myself not being able to sleep until about 1am. Which is just great when I have to start work at 7:30 :( xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog