Monday, 24 March 2014

Happiness Is... (vol. 59)

I think Mondays get a bit of a bad reputation. Perhaps rather than seeing them as the devil in weekday form, we should be seeing them as a fresh start- the day to start doing all the things we've been meaning to do and never quite get around to. Not so much the healthy eating/ exercise/ being perfect stuff we all seem to always be trying to do- but maybe the things like actually making contact with the people we love?  I am incredibly guilty of waiting for other people to contact me,and then getting upset when things happen and I don't know. So really, I need to start doing something about it.

And besides- personally, I like Tuesdays an awful lot less than Monday. Tuesday seems miles from either weekend, and you can't spend half your morning having "So, how was your weekend?" conversations with you colleagues on a Tuesday.

I'm rambling. This week, happiness is...

Found here
... routine. Routine makes me a very happy bunny- I like to get up at the same time each morning, and go through certain things in the same order each day. I love my little morning routines in particular, and if they get messed up, then I can be in a foul mood for the rest of the day. But when everything goes to plan? That, my friend, is a sign that a day is going to be very good indeed.

... living room picnics. J and I gathered a load of vegetable crisps, veggie sticks, hummus, and good bread on Sunday afternoon and had a living room picnic while watching Game of Thrones. Perfect Sunday fare that put a big smile on my face, particularly after we ran around the corner to Joes' Ice-Cream Parlour for ice cream in between episodes. Yum.


... cocktails. I have come to the conclusion that I do not drink enough cocktails. what's better than a highly alcoholic beverage that tastes like juice? Let's just forget the fact that I normally pay more for one out than I would spend on a whole bottle of wine if I were drinking at home. I just wish they could all be sipped in rooftop bars in Bangkok, as the one above was. Sigh.

... winning at korfball! My team and I played two games one after the other on Sunday, and we won both! I may have been marking a girl who played in a faintly violent way, and I may have got hit smack in the face with a ball, and I may not have scored, but I had so much fun and was high on endorphins for the rest of the day. Lovely stuff.

From here
... all of you lovely lot. I adored all of your comments on yesterday's post, and just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for being so bloody brilliant. You make it all worthwhile.

What's making you happy this week?

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love cocktails! If I ever drink with friends (which to be honest, is pretty rare these days!) I will always go for cocktails. As you say, an alcoholic beverage that tastes like fruit juice? Perfect!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the korfball win :) I agree, Tuesdays are MUCH worse than Mondays! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Happiness posts, they never fail to put a smile on my face! :)

    http://theuniversityffproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw great post. I miss cocktails, they're so good! What's making me happy this week is that I get to see my mum and sister who I haven't seen since Christmas. Looking forward to that :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so bloody glamorous with that cocktail. I love routine too, I think sometimes a bit too much and I need to get out more, but who can say no to week nights full of netflix and tea?! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The light mornings and evenings are making me happy right now. How I love going to work in daylight! Blue sky and sunshine makes it even better. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more about Tuesday. We call it Terrible Tuesday at work, it does feel so long from the weekend, and what's their to talk about? There's not even good TV on Monday night to discuss on Tuesday. Rubbish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love game of thrones and sleep. this post made me very happy :)
    www.emmavictoriastokes.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog