Monday, 3 February 2014

Happiness Is.... (vol. 53)

Life isn't fair sometimes.

Sometimes, really shitty things happen to really great people, and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes, really great things happen to really shitty people, and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes, the world seems to conspire against people so when they're happy, something comes along and knocks the air out of them and makes things so not ok that there's nothing you can do. And saying I'm sorry means nothing, and just reminding someone you love them is absolutely the only thing you can do. And it does nothing.

Sometimes, it's really hard to write these lists.

But regardless. This week, happiness is...

... sibling time. On Saturday, the over-21/ under-40 branch of the family headed to the Millennium Stadium for the Wales v Italy match. We've been building up to this since like October, and it was such a fun day, filled with too many ciders, a curry so enormous I had to lie on the floor afterwards (it's the only thing that makes me feel better when I'm stupidly full), and a brother dressed as a daffodil. I'm very lucky to have a group of siblings like mine.

Found here
... blue jeans, white shirt. No, not the Lana del Rey song, but an outfit I just love. I bought a new white shirt on Sunday, and I am so excited to wear it half tucked into a pair of jeans, with ankle boots or sandals, if the weather ever gets warm enough for that.

... getting all dressed up for supper out. I feel like I've been spending too much time recently in just jeans and a stripy top, and as much as I love that, I'm also a huge fan of getting all fancied up for a nice supper out. J and I did exactly this on Friday night, and it made me feel great.

... getting two punnets of blueberries, a punnet of strawberries, and four pears for £3. In the center of Cardiff, there's a fruit stall which sells amazing fresh fruit for really reasonable prices and I absolutely love wandering past and grabbing a few bits on my way home from town. Way better than getting it all in the supermarket (and way cheaper too!) 



... finally getting a 2014 diary. I have so much going on over the next few weeks I've been paranoid about forgetting things. I finally remembered to pick up a new diary yesterday, and I already feel like I know what I'm doing. Thank goodness for that.

Tell me- what's making you happy this week?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of reasons to feel very happy. I'm amazed at the cost of the fruit - such good value. And your family time sounds super! Good result too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone in your life that needs it right now gets a little extra love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things are ok soon - sending big love and virtual cuddles your way xxx
    I love getting dressed up for a night :) even though i never get dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life definitely isn't fair sometimes, and it seems so cruel when such horrible things happen to the best people we know. Frankly, it sucks. I hope whatever it is that things get better soon. As always, a wonderful happiness list xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the hugs ever for the first bit.

    Now I want to dress exactly like that picture today and when I don't look like that I'll get upset. Wahhh.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog