Sunday, 5 January 2014

December Haircut

Or, "there's a reason why Alice isn't a beauty blogger". Seriously- trying to take decent pictures of my face/ hair/ head isn't easy. So kudos to all of you who do.

I don't tend to have my hair cut very frequently, which is why every time I do I seem to feel that it's blog-worthy. Seriously, this was the last time I had my hair cut. But a couple of days after Christmas, when all the family had gone home or returned to work, I found myself alone at home with no plan other than to sale shop. So what did I do? I went to the hairdressers, and made an appointment for 45 minutes later. 

Seriously, I really need to stop doing this. When I first cut all my hair off, I did it with about 20 minutes of thought. I also once ended up with a very blunt, short bob in Cardiff when I went in for a walk in appointment. And when I came out of the hairdresser's on Monday, I nearly cried because I thought she had done such a bad job of it. Seriously- the girl walked off three times when she was cutting my hair, and I could have done a better blow dry than the one she did. I also asked for a cool, wavy, texture-y bob, a bit like the cuts on Lizzie's Pinterest board, and that isn't what I ended up with.

However, I decided that I am not the sort of girl who cries over a haircut, so I marched myself into town, bought myself a curling wand, and now I'm much happier with it. So, what do we think!? You can see how it looked before here...



And here it is after! I'm still not convinced by it straight/ just blowdried, so you can have pictures of both, and you can decide for me whether it looks better straighter, or following my inept attempts at using a curling wand. I'm just proud that so far I've managed not to burn myself. And huge apologies for the messy bedroom/ clear inability to dress myself properly. Again, you can see why I'm not a beauty/ fashion blogger, right!?

So yeah. What do we think? Please be nice, as I said before- I can't actually go and have my hair stuck back on. And I know it's not a drastic change, but it feels somewhat like it to me. I keep wondering where the rest of my hair went.

And I'm still convinced it's longer on one side than the other.

15 comments:

  1. I think it looks very pretty both ways. If you're not happy with a cut though, it's perfectly acceptable to ask them to fix it, or refuse to pay full-price. If you bought a jumper with a hole in it, or ordered food that arrived cold, you'd complain. You can do the same with a hair-cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it curled...and I too cant seem to take a decent picture of myself so you're not alone there! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I love your hair cut! You look so sophisticated but I also loved the waved version - it looks very care free and I really do think it suits you! You look STUNNING, in my opinion!

    Flora
    www.floraemay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks nice, if I ever cut my hair I think I'll go for this kind of haircut :)
    Maybe try ruffling them a bit when straight (backcombing? I've never tried it but apparently it's easy to do)? But the wavy do looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks lovely Alice :)

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your hair looks nice. I remember my worst haircut - the crappy hairdresser who was about 5 minutes older then me at the time, persuaded me to get loads chopped off. I went in for a trim off my long hair and went out with a bob! I cried! Now I am more pushy with hairdressers who try and persuade me to have the hair cut they want.

    Oh, and another time, I asked a (different) hairdresser for a trim - straight across, no layering - she picked up the scissors and immediately cut up and into my hair. She was never to be granted my repeated custom!

    Laila x

    www.lailamurphy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh you did it! It looks really nice Alice.

    Sian

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks gorgeous - I like the straighter/just blow-dried look - it looks easy and breezy but sophisticated :) And I'm totally the girl who cries after haircuts - a few months before my wedding last year I left a salon looking distinctly like I'd stepped out of an 80s movie! Terrible timing plus a bad haircut meant lots of crying! But your haircut is definitely one to smile about :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it looks lovely both ways A, but I particularly like it straight and natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks great both ways! I just had several inches cut off my hair and felt horrible about it for a little bit but once you get used to it I bet you'll love it!

    Bxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, we're so alike when it comes to haircuts. I'm off for the chop tomorrow and good few inches will be coming off. My hair has seen a lot of neglect as of late.
    I think you look nice both ways, but I particularly like the au natural look.
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like it! It really suits you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your hair looks nice straight, but it looks super-glam curled!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi
    Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article hair salon hoboken

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog