Friday, 3 January 2014

52 Lists: Goals for 2014

I originally wasn't going to post my New Year's Resolutions- but for some reason, posting a list of goals rather than a list which says I'll never eat chocolate, drink wine, or bite my nails ever again seems a bit more fun.

And also, Emily from Jammy and Jelly drew the most perfect picture for me, and for this post, so it seems rude not to give it pride of place in a list of my goals for 2014.

Drawn by Emily
1. To be braver, and more positive (that's what the image represents- it's also my phone background to remind me!)

2. To run a half marathon (if I write it down, it means I really have to do it)

3. To move, and start my new job (it's always worth including one easy one, right!?)

4.  To stop worrying about things outside of my circle of influence as much (find out more about this here)

5. To leave the country at least once (and no, that doesn't include Wales)

 6. To cook a new recipe at least once a fortnight (I have an awful lot of recipe books, I might as well put them to good use)

7. To make more time for the people and things that really matter (I like to think I'm already OK at this, but I could certainly be better)

So they may not all be SMART goals, but I don't care- if I can at least kind of achieve all of these, this year will be a happy one indeed.

If you want to get involved in the 52 Lists project, make sure you check out Ema and Jenny's blogs for more details!

9 comments:

  1. Love them all. Very achievable. I might do the marathon with you. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't doubt that you will achieve everything on your list! Personally I'm not so successful with these sorts of things but one thing I do want to do this year is take a short break in Cardiff and hopefully get an opportunity to catch up with you!

    Wishing you all the best with the move and the new job. Miss you already! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice and Happy New Year!
    These are great goals and still fun rather than the usual ones which deny ourselves everything fun. I am also flirting with the half-marathon idea...well, it may well turn out to be a 10K but that's still huge for me!
    Good luck with the new move too
    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound great! I've always loved reading your blog, your posts are so interesting, definitely going to look into the 52 lists idea, my heart sprung at the L-word, #listfanatic xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! Definitely definitely sign up to a half marathon, it's such a great thing to achieve. I also love your cooking challenge, I'm planning on doing the same with all my cook books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Alice! I'm also doing 52 lists so thought I'd wander over here and take a look - lovely! I love your list - lots of very nice and achievable things. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made goals as opposed to resolutions this year too - I find them to be more attainable that way. I particularly like number 7 on your list. Also, I'm hoping to cook more new to me meals this year too. Thanks for sharing.
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree, goals are so much better than resolutions!i don't normally make resolutions anyway but this year I've made a list of easily achievable goals which is making me look forward to the year ahead:)I'm now following your blog lovely!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of resolutions! I'd recommend going to Ireland - you can still say you've visited a new country but without too much hassle (you don't even need a passport!) :-) x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog