Tuesday, 3 December 2013

#SecretSanta13

I got home from work on Friday to find a card from the postman saying he had tried to deliver a parcel for me and not been able to. The ironic thing, Mama CupandSaucer explained, was that he had tried to deliver the parcel for me while she had been at the Post Office collecting a delivery for my brother, which she had missed the day before.

So first thing on Saturday morning, I high-tailed it down to the collection office to pick up what I was sure was my #SecretSanta13 present. And I was RIGHT! 


I was quite tempted to try to wait until Christmas to open it, but my curiosity got the better of me, and I ripped off the paper, only to find that the lovely lady who had sent me the gift had given me another chance to back out....


But I ripped that off too, to find three gifts wrapped in really very pretty paper. I'm going to be taking a trip to Paperchase for some of my own very soon, I think....


I tore my way through the final layers of wrapping paper to find some amazingly cosy looking socks, a beautiful recipe notebook, and the coolest 100% cacao hot chocolate block, which I cannot wait to try- I'm always complaining about how hot chocolate isn't chocolate-y enough, and I have a feeling that this stuff might just avoid that issue.


I'm absolutely thrilled with these gifts- I'm a huge fan of cosy socks, the recipe notebook is so thoughtful and will definitely be well used, and, well, I've already explained my excitement about the hot chocolate block!

The card just said that the gifts were from "Sarah" (which when I write, I always say in my head the way Kate Beckinsale says "Sarah" in Serendipity. Just me? Ok...), but after a quick shout on Twitter I discovered that they were from Sarah from Elettravelle! I'm so excited about this as I love her blog- and her Winter Playlist is brilliant.

Thank you so much Sarah, and thanks again to Hannah for masterminding the whole operation!

7 comments:

  1. I love that journal! Its gorgeous!!! I may have to add one to my wish list from Santa this year!!! (Also known as mother who sends money!!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what lovely gifts! I was wondering if people were opening them, I won't be able to wait til Xmas!! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked them! :D I'd never been in to Joules before I picked up the book, and I decided I want everything so I'm holding you personally responsible for the state of my bank balance this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh such lovely gifts, what a thoughtful thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely gifts, I'm taking part in a blogger secret Santa and am super excited to receive mine! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog