Monday, 9 December 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 45)

I've been a bit of a busy bee recently- weekends seem to fill up before they've started, and Christmas shopping has taken a serious back seat- which is starting to become a liiiittle bit of an issue. Additionally, I'm struggling to find time to both read and write blog posts- so reading all of your lovely blogs is also taking a back seat. Sorry lovelies! 

I'm also trying really hard not to include food related things this week, for Meg's sake- apparently me mentioning food in last week's post made her sad as she was on a fast day. Sorry lovely!

But anyway. This week, happiness is...

From here
... new socks. New fluffy socks (particularly those courtesy of Sarah) are especially brilliant, but really, just new, plain black cotton socks are my favourite. They're just so soft!

... time spent with Little L. If you follow me on Twitter/ Instagram, you'll know I was babysitting for my five-year-old sister all weekend. I absolutely love spending time with her, and judging by the enormous cuddle I got when I left, and the demand for me to come back after school today, she enjoyed it too!

From here
... eating from my favourite plates. I absolutely adore my Emma Bridgewater crockery, and using them for supper makes me so happy. They cheer everything up! (This doesn't count as a food post, you can eat vegetables from pretty plates!)

From here
... singing. Mama CupandSaucer is a wonderful pianist, and the other evening she started playing Christmas songs, and I started to sing along. Cue her playing while I sang for over an hour, and her demanding that I try to find a choir. Apparently, I'm a soprano, and it turns out I can sing Silent Night without sounding like I'm being strangled. Now I'm even more excited to go to a carol service!

... being healthy. I'm sure I'm going to regret saying this as soon as this is posted but- I have a cracking immune system (I blame it on the copious amounts of orange juice I drink). I can't remember the last time I had so much as a full blown cold. And this makes me very happy, because who likes being ill!? No one, that's who.

What's making you happy this week?

1 comment:

  1. Jealous of your singing voice. Apparently I have a voice suitable for the shower - thanks Mum!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog