Monday, 2 December 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 44)

Another Monday off work! These are exciting times. My annual leave year runs January-December, so I had a few days left to use up before Christmas, and thought taking today and tomorrow would be a good opportunity to get some Christmas shopping done, and spend some time with Mama CupandSaucer too, as she's also off work this week. Yay!

As I write this, I'm high on the endorphins gained from yesterday's korfball match (sorry, I know I do go on about it...), despite the fact that my team was beaten for the first time in a rather long time. But then I got home and promptly smacked the back of my head against a wall, which was slightly less impressive. And slightly more painful.

But anyway, bumpy head aside, this week, happiness is...



... scrambled eggs. I know I was singing the praises of poached eggs last week, but my heart will probably always belong to scrambled eggs- mostly because I can make them in 10 seconds flat, and they are invariably delicious. Such a great lunch when I'm home from work!

... dancing. I've been watching City Ballet mini-documentaries and I highly recommend you do the same. I wouldn't describe myself as a dancer, despite the fact I managed to wangle my way into getting a GCSE in dance, but this is making me want to look up adult ballet lessons. I've really enjoyed twirling around the house this week in response to these documentaries!

... the achy feeling you get after exercising. No, not being able to move properly for two days after spending Tuesday evening doing Three Cone Drills wasn't much fun, but I actually really like that achy feeling that shows you've used your body! And hey- we also did a drill-race, and I was against four guys. I came second. PROUD.


... advent calendars. Because who doesn't love a daily dose of chocolate? I went for a Lindt one (and treated Mama CupandSaucer to one too), and there are NO regrets. I'm all about the chocolate- unlike a buddy I was nattering to yesterday, who is all about the Thomas the Tank Engine advent calendar. He's 23.

... Marks and Spencer Sticky Toffee Pudding (with ice cream). Oh good god,  this is AMAZING. Perfect pudding after a lighter supper of roasted chicken and salad- because you know, it's all about balance. Sorry for the lack of picture of it, it was too tasty to snap...

... and this. I know I'm not the best person in the world at the whole text-over-pictures thing, but I like this one.


What's making you happy this week?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god - a Lindt advent calendar! That looks amazing! I'm 31 and my Mum still buys me my calendar each year (and now one for my hubbie too!). I'll have to start some Lindt based hints in November 2014 in preparation. I got a Malteasers one this year, which is fine... but no Lindt!

    Victoria, x shabby-chic-home.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh too many food ones today Alice! I've got to start reading your "happiness is" posts when I'm not fasting!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful week (with no more mortifications!!!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me about the ballet documentary. I've heard lots of people talking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that City Ballet series was wonderful! I haven't danced since I was a child but it makes me want to start again. It also has me wondering how you can know with absolute certainty what you want to do forever aged 15 - I'm in awe of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PEs and melted marshmallows in hot chocolate make me oh so happy this week!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog