Friday, 29 November 2013

Winter Wear


When I was packing for my trip to the North to visit Bess, I came to the conclusion that I have no winter clothes. And to be completely honest, I wasn't being completely over the top there either- the majority of my wardrobe really is made up predominantly of sleeveless dresses, light cardigans, and flimsy tops. Which is baffling, when you consider that I live in the UK and for 95% of the year the weather is mildly dreadful (the other 5% of the year it is totally dreadful. I'll accept that this year was an exception). So I'm trying to get some ideas of things I actually might like to wear whilst the weather is cold and miserable, and I decided now might  be a good time to have a play on Polyvore. Well, I think I've found a new way to kill time when I'm supposed to be doing something sensible. 

I saw the beautiful scarf on Ashton's blog and instantly decided that it must be mine. But given that it is $68, which I'm sure you'll agree is pricey for a scarf, I had to have some thoughts as to how I would wear it. 

I'd wear the scarf with the grey dress and the black boots with tights for an afternoon Christmas shopping with Mama CupandSaucer. We'd mooch around one of the Christmas markets in those huts which promise to give you splinters if you look too closely, and head inside for tea and cake and to check over what we'd bought before heading back out into the cold for the final bits and pieces. We'd then head straight out for supper at Lorenzo's if we were shopping in Plymouth to crow over our successes.
(Clearly this is a dream. I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet. And as an aside I actually already have in blue- currently working out if I can justify the grey too...) 

The outfit on the left is something I'd wear for an evening ice skating. My little sister has decided that when she is six, I will be taking her ice skating, so I'd better get some practice in this year. I have an awful lot of love for Uniqlo's men's cashmere jumpers, and I think this turquoise one would be perfect for scaring off my winter fear of wearing colour. I already own these jeans, and I fell in love with these boots a little when my friend M bought a pair at the weekend. Aren't they gorgeous!? I'd zoom around the rink looking cool (but really boiling inside my cosy jumper), and somehow managing to look graceful on the ice when I am incapable of doing this on solid ground. Tricky.

Sigh. I wish I could buy all of these things- I really do need more winter clothes- but sadly, I think this month's wages will be going on Christmas presents for everyone else. It isn't too bad though- I love seeing the look on people's faces when I buy them something they really love. Case in point- yesterday, when I bought Mama CupandSaucer a Lindt advent calendar just because I knew she wouldn't buy herself one, she was so happy and it made me feel super special.

What are you wearing this winter? I feel like I'm in a standard clothing rut.

1 comment:

  1. I love Autumn/Winter clothes! I just enjoy that cosy feeling : ) I really like that tunic from Joules..they have such nice things.

    Gemma xXx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog