Friday, 1 November 2013

What I'm Listening To

When someone asks you "So what sort of music do you like" do you also go "Erm, ugh, ummm.... everything?!"

Or is that just me?

Well, I was asked this fairly recently, and I had my typical awkward reaction, where I said "Erm, ugh, ummm.... everything?!" and followed this with "I don't know... a lot of acoustic-y stuff, I guess? I'm not really sure". Needless to say, he laughed at me, and agreed that it's actually a fairly difficult question to answer, particularly if you're trying to impress someone. So we played a game- each of us would list the top 25 most played songs on their iPod.

Now I'm not going to share that list here (because in my defence, my music is on my iPhone, which is predominantly used for two things- my running playlist, and relaxing music to calm me at work), but a quick flick through my "recently played" revealed what I've been listening to this week- and that I will share with you. But I warn you, it still isn't brilliant...


I am still a huge fan of Coldplay's "A Rush of Blood To The Head" but Warning Sign is my favourite song from the album, I think (though Amsterdam is also perfect). I'm still trying to learn all the words to American Pie- I haven't made much progress, but it's fun to try to sing as much of it as possible in the car on my way too/ from work. I can get as far as "helter skelter in a summer swelter" and then I get lost.

U + Me is on my running playlist and cropped up unexpectedly a couple of days ago. It's got a good motivational  beat to it though, and I've remembered that I actually really like this tune. We Used To Vacation is one of my favourites when I'm in a bit of a grump- no idea why, but it's a cracking song as far as I'm concerned. 

Atlas is one of those songs that I've had on repeat recently- again, am I the only person who does this? Finds a song they love then plays it constantly until they never want to hear it again? Probably. And whenever they mention The Smiths on Radio 2 (which they seem to do a lot without ever really playing them), I start singing Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want, because I think we can all relate to the lyrics sometimes.

And finally, I And Love And You is one of my all time favourites, and is very firmly in my top 25 most played (I think it's number 3, actually). Brooklyn, Brooklyn, take me in indeed.

So perhaps it hasn't all been acoustic-y tunes recently. But I'm keen for new music- so if you have any new/ old/ inbetweeny favourites, I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

  1. I love that Smiths song so much, I always forget about it for a while then I find it again hahah I hate the question as well when people ask what music I like I give the exact same answer!

    Hallie
    knitteddaisy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just you!! I have a habit of saying "I love a bit of everything" - even though I probably don't!
    Great post, I have to do this!! 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' is one of my favourite albums!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog