Thursday, 7 November 2013

The Blogger Book Club- Round 2

So, it's back! 

The Blogger Book Club round 1 was really good fun- Jenny hosted our discussion about The President's Hat, and there were some really interesting thoughts shared- and I'm so pleased everyone seemed to like the book! I certainly really enjoyed it.

From here
So we're going to have another go! We're going to be changing the way it works slightly this time- if you would like to be involved, please pop your name and email address in a comment on either my or Jenny's blog, and then you'll get emails pestering you to take part when it comes around. And of course you are MORE than welcome to join in even if you aren't a blogger- feel free to either drop me an email or comment on Jenny's blog, as I don't have anonymous commenting set up here. Sorry!

But we need some input from you- what book would you like us to read this time? We're looking for a fairly new book, so fewer people are likely to have read it already, and preferably around 500 pages (or less), as this is a good length for everyone to be able to read and finish. We're going to choose the book by the end of November, allowing everyone to read it in the dark days of December and over the Christmas break, and then have the chat towards the end of January.

From here
We're hoping to have the chat in the new year (oh it seems to far away but it really, really isn't), so would really like your suggestions as soon as possible please! Even if you don't have a suggestion for a book, feel free to drop me a comment/ email/ tweet etc with the sort of book you'd like to see us reading, as this all makes choosing one from the millions of books out there so much easier! Personally, I'm open to just about anything- I'm not a big reader of "chick lit" or young adult novels, but I'm willing to give just about anything a go.

So there we have it! Bloggers book club, round two. Get involved!

I couldn't resist. From Moonrise Kingdom, and found here

12 comments:

  1. Ooh I'd love to take part! I'm Sally Mavin and email is sallymavin[AT]gmail[DOT]com. A couple of newbie suggestions that are on my to read list: And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini, May we be Forgiven by AM Homes (won the Orange Prize for Fiction) and Flight Behaviour by Barbara Kingsolver. Can't wait! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little book worm here will definitely take part :) my email is
    Heather.underhill@hotmail.co.uk
    I'll come back with my suggestions :) z

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to take part! My email is rachelannahughes@gmail.com
    Might be cheating as I'm already reading this book, but Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn is a good one. It's a crime / thriller, which I don't often go for, but I'm really enjoying it. If not this, then something similar might be good :)
    Looking forward to it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to take part! :) My email is melissagrace1990@gmail.com. How about we try the new Bridget Jones instalment? It's been in the press so much recently, and it would be quite interesting to see how it compares with Helen Fielding's previous tales of Bridget Jones, and what our predictions are for the movie version. Thanks :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The land of decoration is one i've had on my list for a while, it looks really good!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what book you all pick! I watched Moonrise Kingdom last week for the first time. loved it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to be a part of this! Is it hosted in London?

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent idea - I would love to take part! emily.grace.walden@gmail.com. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I'd love to take part :)
    Doing a publishing degree, you'd think I'd always be reading books but I need to really *try* to fit a book in before bedtime!
    my email is chelseachad23@gmail.com
    I'm really open to suggestions but I've been dying to read Kiss Me First by Lottie Moggach
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to be involved, mantrapixie@gmail.com (in case you don't know who I am) ;). I'm torn between starting A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Beach as my next book, if that helps... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in! hannahruthduffyATgmailDOTcom
    I'm fascinated by human struggle so love stories set in places like N Korea, Afghanistan etc x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in [this time] as I should have more time to read during December. I'm at jasmine[dot]brinkli[at[gmail[dot]com!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog