Friday, 8 November 2013

On The Radio

I spend a lot of time listening to the radio, particularly in my car. But is it just me that finds the radio really annoying sometimes? It's impossible to know which station to listen to. I'm definitely very much over Radio 1- I just find it incredibly annoying, and haven't really listened to it at all since I started at university and became an old old lady. Commercial stations have too many adverts. Radio 2 is a reasonably safe bet, for the most part- but then sometimes, there's a little too much Cher and David Essex, and not quite enough of the music I actually like. And as lovely as Classic FM is- they don't play nearly enough Chopin or Debussy for my liking.


I know I'm probably a bit late to the party on this one, but this week I have totally and completely fallen in love with London Grammar, and in particular, Strong. It's one of those songs I haven't been able to get out of my head for days, and find myself singing out of the blue when I'm in the car and the radio is annoying me. Thank goodness for phones that can blast music out of them in situations other than on the bus by annoying teens.

On that, a friend of mine had an incredibly awkward incident on a train a few weeks ago when she didn't realise her headphones weren't plugged in, and blasted several Miley Cyrus tracks out to the entire carriage before she worked out why people were glaring at her. Oops.

PS- if you now have On The Radio stuck in your head, me too!! 

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same with the radio! I still listen to certain radio 1 shows, but I get bored of the talking! Why can't they just play music?! With my Dad I listen to Absolute radio, I don't know what it's range is but it plays alternative and rock music, including old 70s rock which is amazing! So that's def my station of choice :) that song is lovely, I just played it and I thought I hadn't heard it before cos I didn't know that's what it was called or who it was by but turns out i do know it and it's so lovely! Makes me feel warm and tingly :) xx

    amberluiselove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww your poor friend! I have such a paranoia about doing that with my headphones that I check them several times! I even pull them out of my ears and turn the volume up as loud as I can before I can hear it, just to make double sure nobody else can hear it. I once had a friend who overheard some super cheesy pop music playing out of someones earphones. She turned, expecting to see a 13 year old girl, only to find a middle aged business man in a suit, listening away, blissfully unaware that she knew his secret :p love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that headphone thing all the time. If you like London Grammar, you might also like Daughter and Chvrches (I know you asked for some music recs the other day) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same with the radio and I really can't stand Radio 1! Have you ever tried Radio 6? Sometimes it's a bit (a lot) pretentious and strange, but they play a good selection :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog