Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Little Talks

Apologies for the background debris- this was just a quick snap to send to Brother CupandSaucer!
I'm making multiple cakes this week. One for Brother CupandSaucer, one for Little L, one for a colleague who is leaving, and the family Christmas cake. I'm also heading to Cake International on Saturday so by Sunday, I think I'm going to be pretty caked out.

In other news, on Sunday playing korfball, I was so distracted by an opposition team-player who wore odd socks I couldn't focus on the game. Fortunately, it was the firsts' team game and I wasn't playing, but either way, I think we've found my Achilles heel. I cannot bear odd socks.

Mama CupandSaucer borrowed my favourite scarf on Sunday, then set it on fire whilst making supper. Fortunately, Mama wasn't hurt in the slightest, but sadly the same can't be said of my beloved scarf. Fortunately, we've managed to find a near-identical one in Zara, so I shouldn't be without it for too long.

I'm re-reading The Fault In Our Stars at the moment. I feel like I've done a lot of re-reading recently, so I really need to get myself to a bookshop pronto. Else I'll bore myself to tears and end up hating my favourites.

On Monday morning I was locked out of my office for an hour. An hour. All because a builder locked the office using a key, rather than our number pad. Honestly, can you believe him? Locking a door with a key? Madness. (Sense the sarcasm here.) From this, we learnt that leaving the spare key to the office inside the office is a bad idea.

And I'm getting used to driving home in the dark. Is anyone else finding this? It's exhausting, yes, and other people drive so close when it's dark, but hey- at least all my headlamps are working!

How's your week so far?

6 comments:

  1. omg this looks delicious. How are you not a professional baker!
    I'm so tempted to lick the screen. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you end up doing in your hour of being locked out?!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks divine!
    I'm in the middle of a cake marathon at the moment as well - 4 birthdays at work - I've done two so far (Chocolate Orange Cake and Chocolate Ferrero Rocher Cake), and have another two to make near the end of the month. Then hopefully someone else in the office will make me a birthday cake for my 31st birthday in December! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake!! Someone needs to make you a crown because you really are the cake queen. I'm so sorry to hear about your scarf, I would be absolutely devastated if my favourite scarf was burned, so I feel your pain!
    I actually quite like driving in the dark, in the rain too actually! It's quite therapeutic... I'll often do it with no music on and just use it as a time to think about life!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll try not to wear odd socks on Saturday xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog