Monday, 11 November 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 41)

No preamble this week, because I have many a thing to be happy about, including many that I am not including in the list below. This week, happiness is...

... meeting Jenny and Bess. The great thing about meeting people you've spent hours talking to on the internet is that when you actually meet them, it isn't weird or awkward. Or maybe it was for them, but I didn't feel awkward, and that was brilliant. I'm probably going to write more about Cake International in the week, but for now, suffice to say that meeting these two was brilliant.


- the open fire. It's one of my favourite things about my house. The warmth, the sound of it crackling, the light, lying in front of it. I just love it.


- reading a book in a weekend. Spending a lot of time on a train, and having a quiet Sunday enabled me to get the entire way through The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (again). I've mentioned before how much I adore that sodding island, and I wish I didn't, but this book is fantastic regardless of whether you even know where Guernsey is. And if you had no idea that the Channel Islands were directly Occupied by Germany, complete with concentration camps (yes, plural) on Alderney and bloody great concrete bunkers on Guernsey, you must read it. (Actually, even if you did know that, you should read it.)

- sunny November mornings. Opening the curtains and just letting the sun shine in while I got back into bed with a mug of tea was bliss on Sunday morning.

From here
- hot water bottles. How have I never realised their brilliance until now? They're amazing, and mine sorted my achy shoulders out a treat on Saturday night.

What's making you happy this week?

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that the heat therapy helped your shoulders out on the weekend!!! How funny, my recent trip to Jersey made me start re-reading the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society book too, I just love it. The war tunnels in Jersey are fascinating, you would love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an open fire like that back home in Portugal, miss it! :) I need to start focusing in little things like this again, I just get sucked in all the worries and that's not good! Thank you for the feel good post.

    Mariana xx
    http://fashionforelephants.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hot water bottles, so much so I have one in my desk drawer to keep me cosy, especially my toes if it has rained on my walk to work!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog