Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Little Treats

On Sunday, Mama CupandSaucer and I went shopping together for the first time in ages. And I got myself a few little treats, which I thought I'd share with you despite the fact that usually, I'm not a fan of hauls. But I like being a hypocrite sometimes.

And OK, so maybe most of these aren't really "little" treats, but hey- I've got pretty fed up of working full time and feeling guilty about buying myself expensive cleanser or a new work dress, particularly when I know people who aren't working and who seem to be able to treat themselves all the time. What is this!? 

I went into town with the mindset of getting myself a new pair of running bottoms, and restocking my skincare favourites. And on the whole, I did stick to that...


I was originally thinking about getting some running bottoms from H&M, thinking that I'd just get myself a cheapy pair to have as a back up to my favourite Nike bottoms. But turns out, H&M running clothes are expensive, and if I'm going to pay that much, I want reasonable quality. So Mama CupandSaucer suggested we take a peek in TK Maxx, and we found a great fitting pair selling for £16.99 instead of an original RRP of $118 (which works out at about £73-£74)! I am so pleased with them.



I ran out of my favourite Origins Cleanser last week, and have been dying to get some more since- it just makes my skin so much happier than anything else I've tried. Damn my skin and it's expensive taste! And I also love using Boots' Botanics Organic Facial Oil before bed, so I made sure to get a new bottle of this, while Mama CupandSaucer picked up some of her No7 favourites. (You can read my review of the cleanser here, by the way)


After this, I fell off the wagon slightly. We wandered past Miss Selfridge, and I suddenly remembered that I'm in need of a new pair of just normal, everyday jeans. Now I'm not usually a huge fan of Miss Selfridge, but for some reason I get on really well with their jeans- I can just walk in, pick up a pair of their size 8 super skinny jeans and pretty much be guaranteed that they'll fit. Makes jeans shopping far less stressful than it could be...!!


Mama CupandSaucer also treated me to this bobble hat- isn't it so cute!? I kind of just jammed it on my head while she was queuing for a few bits and pieces, and she looked at me, laughed, and goes "You look ridiculous. Do you want it?"- and after that glowing endorsement, how could I say no!? And on the topic of Bobbles, we also found a double pack of Bobble water bottles in TK Maxx too, so Mama treated us both to those too, bless her!

I also bought some really exciting things, like hair bobbles (why are they all metal free now?! They snap so easily!), a new body polish-puffer-thingy, and deodorant. Gripping stuff. Overall though, I don't think I've been terribly naughty here. I can certainly justify everything I bought as "necessary"- but go on. Feel free to judge away! 

Have you treated yourself recently?

8 comments:

  1. You cannot beat a TK maxx bargain. They look great! That hat is so cute as well, my mum always forces hat on me. Perhaps we are both hat people at heart!

    Also - I get the guilt about spending money. Yesterday I actually broke out into a sweat at the cashiers desk. Unreal. It was only for £30...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same with jeans. I know what style suits me so I always get those ones. I now have 4 pairs of the same jeans in different colours. They fit me so well that I don't feel the need to try anything else.

    Your new hat is super cute. I love the fluffy bobble. I can't wait for it to be cold enough to start wearing hats :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bobble hat is lovely - it looks so cozy! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm the same when it comes to money, i freak if something is more than £20. if i need to buy two things that are like £19 and £15 i do it on separate days because it makes me feel better even though it makes no sense! but you work hard so you're definitely allowed these treats (and the hat is lovely!). i never find these bargains in tk maxx, i'm always super jealous of people who do! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that hat is so cute! i love the Botanics range from Boots too. i made a little order on Zara last night which i'm excited to receive ;) x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I love that you call her mama cup and saucer and she's sounds pretty cool! :D

    Jenni x

    Bows Bangles & Bakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too use a lot from the botanics range, I am sucked in by thinking it is all natural and good for me. It would be great if it also functioned as one of my five a day, but that might be too much to ask. I am also sure you looked cute in a bobble hat, everyone looks cute in pom poms, it is the law.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a stupendous bargain from TKMaxx! Wow! I should look in there more often...

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog