Monday, 7 October 2013

Happiness Is... (vol. 36)

Oh it was a funny old weekend, wasn't it!? Though I'm certainly not complaining about the October sunshine- as much as I want it to get a bit chillier, I'm perfectly content with being able to walk around the reservoir in just a light cardigan for another few weeks, thank you!

As I post this, I'll probably be sitting in the waiting room of the very nice garage I now appear to frequent. Seriously- I've been to the garage more than I've been to the local pub in the last few weeks! As much fun as it is chatting to the (very) chatty man who runs the place, I'd rather not have had to visit again today. But hey ho- you'll see below that all's well that ends well. And this week, happiness is...

... stripes. I opened my t-shirt drawer yesterday morning to be greeted by this. I decided it would be a good idea to do a count, and I discovered that I have 11 striped tops, 5 striped dresses, 2 striped shirts, 2 striped jumpers, and 1 striped cardigan. What can I say!? They're classic, and wearing them definitely makes me happy...


... Mama CupAndSaucer- because she's brilliant. For example, my number plate fell off my car yesterday. I noticed on Saturday that it was a bit loose, then went to see War Horse and promptly forgot about it until Sunday lunchtime when I got back from Tesco to realise that it had fallen off somewhere between slamming the boot in the car park and getting home. When she got home from playing tennis, I just burst into tears over it. She made me a cup of tea, told me to bake something (I made these, but with lemon and passionfruit curd), and went straight back out in the car to see if she could spot it. AND SHE FOUND MY NUMBER PLATE! Then she calmed me down in the evening when the layers for my cake turned out flat as a pancake. She's pretty magical, that lady, and I don't tell her enough how brilliant she is.

... eating lots of fresh fruit. I had a very naughty weekend as far as food was concerned, and didn't get for a run either. So this week, it's all about the fruit and porridge and soup- it makes me feel so much better when I eat the right things!

... Hilarious things online- in particular Terrible Real Estate Photos and #18thCenturyDailyMailHolly and I were giggling over the hashtag on Twitter on Saturday night. My personal favourite was the one below...



... dressing for work. Sounds ridiculous, but actually, I love the way I dress for work. As much as I love my jeans, I really like the fact that I get to dress up all smartly for work. And it's particularly lovely being complimented on my outfit choices when I'm there.

What's making you happy this week?

7 comments:

  1. So sweet the comment about your Mum she sounds amazing. I need to get on the fresh fruit this week too, after a naughty weekend it makes you feel so much better! x

    www.opalwren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're not having a good time with your car, but hopefully it will all be fixed soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my favourite posts to read :) they always make me smile a lot! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. War Horse!!!! Did you love it? I wept like a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did your number plate fall off? It just like fell off?! I love the breton drawer, that's pretty great. I can respect that wardrobe decision.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the stripes! I was finding I had too many (is that possible?) but needed to start buying plain block colours because I had nothing to wear in layers (stripes on top of stripes is so risky!). I do the same as your mum's tip...when stressed...bake!!!! I hope the week gets a little bit better from here on in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely post! I completely understand with the dressing for work, I had a couple of things that I had to dress smartly for this week and I loved it! Also saw your Viennese whirl post and wow, they look delish. I definitely want to try out the recipe!

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog