Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Forty Days of Dating


All pictures from HERE
I spent pretty much the  whole of the weekend before last reading Forty Days of Dating, and then posted it on my Facebook page the minute I stopped. It's a project undertaken by two friends, who agreed to date for forty days to try to work out a bit more about themselves and why they go about relationships in the way they do. It was part social experiment, part design project, and wholly brilliant.

I loved Jessie, and I loved Tim. And I loved how much it taught me about myself. I do a lot of the things that Jessie does, and I recognised myself in Tim too. By reading it, I think I learnt a lot about my own flaws and where I go wrong in love. When I was reading this, I also thought a lot about what I've learnt from guys I've dated or had feelings for- like the guy who taught me that being strong and fixed is something attractive, or the one who taught me to be confident in completely alien situation, and why I fall in love the way I do, and why I have the insecurities I do.





The whole thing made me happy and sad, and probably affected me as much, and possibly more, than any actual book I've ever read has. I want this to be an actual book, so I can just pull it off my bookshelf and peruse it for days on end. It's fantastic. Go, and read it now, and learn about love.

1 comment:

  1. Ok now I know what I'm going to be reading this coming weekend... haha

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog