Thursday, 24 October 2013

Currently: October

Oh October. You're a funny month, aren't you?


Currently, I am...

... loving the colours of leaves. The tree pictured above is in my back garden (I'm not exactly sure what sort of tree it is, actually) and it sports beautiful dark burgundy leaves all year round. But in autumn, they too change colour, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

... re-reading The Time Traveler's Wife. Because it really is like a cuddle in a book, even if my copy has been so well read it's literally falling apart. I had to tape it back together at work on Monday.

... playing in my first korfball match! My team played against the local university on Tuesday night, and while they beat us, we put up a valiant effort, and I was complimented on my defensive skills (turns out I'm pretty speedy when I need to be!). Jenny and her team need to watch out if we ever face them in a tournament...!


... liking some parts of the shorter days. Particularly getting to see sunrises like the one above on my drive to work.

... learning all the words to American Pie. Because I'd quite like to be able to sing the entire thing without thinking about it- I think it's a valuable life skill worthy of inclusion in my CV.

... thinking that life isn't exactly fair a lot of the time. If you follow me on Twitter you may have noticed that yesterday, I said I'd received some bad news- which was namely that an amazing woman I used to work with, who encouraged me and supported me, suddenly passed away on Tuesday. It really shook me, and made me think that we really never know what's coming. And I'm not going to say "we should live every moment" because let's be honest- very few of us do. But I will say you should give your loved ones an extra squeeze today.

... feeling very thankful for amazing blogger friends. Everyone who tweeted yesterday to check I was OK, and my favourite PE ladies, made me feel so much better during a truly crappy work day (regardless of the dreadful news, it was an awful day in the office!)- so thank you all.

8 comments:

  1. What lovely photos! Every time you post photo's of where you live it makes me want to make the long, long trip down to that part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a lovely photo! Really sorry to hear about your friend - losing someone is always such an awful reminder of how quickly everything can be over. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! Amazing sunrise. Really sorry to hear about your loss. Look after yourself : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos. That sunrise is stunning. I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, sending you big hugs and keep all those happy memories of her alive x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time Traveller's Wife is one of my favourite books. I've got a post planned on it in fact. Well done on your first korfball match! Gish I'd pay to see you speed around a court ;). I can't believe you get to do drives to work like that. Never move to London - well, do - but your view in the morning will be a sweaty man's armpit shoved into your face. You know I'm sending you ALL the love re the amazing woman. Love you chick

    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so sorry to hear about your sad news. it's such a shock and also a real reminder that we can't ever take our days for granted x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you'd had some sad news Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your colleague, I hope you're feeling ok.

    That photo is so amazing and I really need to read the time travellers wife xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog