Last night, Mama CupandSaucer went out for supper with friends. I, on the other hand, got in from work, made a cup of tea, and curled up in the foetal position under a blanket on the sofa. The cat in particular was mightily unimpressed that I had stolen the sofa and her favourite blanket.
I tell you, I live a rock and roll lifestyle.
But come on- it's getting to that time of year where rather than lounging in the garden drinking Pimms, we're all far more interested in staying in, cosying up with tea and a book, preferably in front of an open fire/ log burner. And while I have some/ all of these things, I'm one of those people who is never really satisfied (unsettled, perhaps? Who knows), so I thought I'd create a little winter essentials wishlist for you all. Without a Yankee Candle or bath bomb in sight (because come on- it can't just be me who really doesn't get either of these things?!). And I inadvertently went with a red and blue theme- not entirely sure why, but I like it.
- PJ bottoms from Fat Face. I love Fat Face loungewear/ sleepwear- it's always pretty good quality, and is always so cosy. I am currently in love with these PJ bottoms (as I never wear full sets, just nice pyjama bottoms and a random t-shirt normally yelling something about drinking a bar dry, or advertising some place my dad went on a business trip), and I think they'll be perfect for changing into straight from work when putting on jeans seems like too much effort.
- Teapigs Everyday Brew- this is just really, really, really good tea. Any cafe that stocks this becomes a firm favourite for me, and I wish I could justify drinking this all the time.
- Plum & Ashby Blanket. How cosy does this blanket look!? It's likely that I'd have to fight the cat for it, and I already have far too many blankets/ throws (I think I have five in my bedroom at the moment), but I do love the look of this one.
- Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock looks like a really interesting read. I always read far more in the winter- partly because I'm less likely to lounge outside and people watch on my lunchbreak at work, partly because it just seems a sensible thing to do. I'm in a bit of a book rut at the moment, though (but the history nerd in me is incredibly tempted by "British Culture and the First World War" which was written by my absolute favourite lecturer ever)- so if you have any suggestions of great reads, I'd love to hear them?
- Christmas Town Teapot. OH isn't it pretty!? Since seeing these made at the Emma Bridgewater Factory I've been dreaming of being able to justify buying one of these beauties. I can't work out what I'd have written on mine though- I''m not sure if just "Alice" is too boring. Thoughts? Either way, I'd fill it with the aforementioned Teapigs tea and be in seventh heaven.
- Joules slippers are just so unbelievably cosy, and again, really good quality. I was given a pair for Christmas last year, and I absolutely lived in them- yet they aren't even close to falling apart. A winner in my opinion!
What are your winter essentials?