Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Weekendness

This weekend was a perfect mix of busy and quiet, full of time spent with family and funny conversations. 


As I mentioned yesterday, I managed to see all on my siblings this weekend. My dad, Little L and I drove up to Wales for the day to see my grandfather, and called in to see C while we were there. En route home, we managed to get hold of J, and we popped into Brizzle for a coffee with him, where we accidentally found a Gromit (above).


We decided that Mickey might like to see where he was going. He also helped Little L with I Spy- she seemed to struggle to grasp the concept, as when it was her turn she started with "I spy with my little eye something beginning with L", only ten minutes later to tell us that of COURSE it was "spider". Gotta love four-year-old logic...!



Sunday involved running (and the now classic reservoir picture), a farmer's market with Mama CupandSaucer, telling Mama about the blog ("it's, er, like a website, where I write about things I like and have been up to and stuff" "Oh... That's nice darling."), baking lemon and blueberry cake for my work colleagues, an exceptional sunset I failed to sufficiently capture, and a pub quiz with E (the final sibling). We came fourth from bottom, but it was a valiant effort, and I argued with the quiz master over whether Lihou is permanently inhabited (I was right. It isn't)






How was your weekend? 

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha. I can just imagine you arguing with the quiz master. I remember once having an argument over a waterpolo question. How many team members start in the water...6. The answer is 7 and in the end I had to be like 'I'm not being funny but I've played for about 15 years, the answer is 7!' Most hated quiz player of all time!!

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, it is so hard to explain a blog to someone who doesn't know what it is, that conversation with your mum is dead on!! I can never find a good way to explain it! :)

    theearththroughalens.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I imagine a similar conversation with my mum when I finally decide to tell her I write things down on the internet for all to see! Looks like a fab weekend!

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant believe you didnt know spider begins with L ;) Wish my mum was a little LESS interested in my blog (just had a lecture as to where Ive got the money to buy an ipod to GIVE away and why would I do that anyway haha)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh lovely pictures, the house one reminds me of my gran's place when I was a kid. Obviously Mickey needs a view! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos, and the cupcakes look delicious :) Sounds like the best kind of weekend. I really like your blog and I've nominated you for a Liebster award (clicky)

    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog - it reminds me a little of mine content wise, which I find quite comforting (alaskas-labyrinth-of-life.blogspot.com if you fancy a read). I also jealous you got to see a Gromit statue, I really wanted to but Bristol seemed a bit of a trek from Romford! Wouldn't object to the recipe for those cupcakes as they look amazing! I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh. I remember having a conversation about my previous blog with Mum years ago. She did not get it at all, but Dad used to tell everyone who would stand still about it :)

    Looks like a gorgeous weekend, and yay for finding a Gromit!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog