Friday, 6 September 2013

Things I Know


After Wednesday's post, I was feeling inspired by Love Audrey's list of things she learnt in her twenties. Now I'm nowhere near the end of my twenties, so I can't really do that list- but I feel like I've learned a lot in the last few years, and I like lists. So here's list of things I know now that I may not have known five or ten years ago:

From here

1. Tea will make any problem seem smaller. Adding biscuits and you're onto a winner.



2. Facebook is a fast track to misery. But remember- if someone is posting about how great their life is on Facebook, chances are they really aren't enjoying themselves that much. If they were, they wouldn't be on Facebook.

3. Broken hearts mend. Even if it doesn't seem it at the time- they certainly do, and things will someday feel brighter.

4. Boys make good housemates, and brilliant friends. And yes, you CAN just be friends with boys.



From here

5. Dressing more smartly than the rest of your office is perfectly acceptable. If anything, it's preferable.




4. Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light.



7. Boys are as prone to gossiping/ bitching as girls. Except when boys do it, it's actually kind of funny.




8. Baking is good for the soul, and is a good way to make your colleagues like you.



9. Life is messy. But that's actually OK- it's messy for everyone.

This basically sums up my wardrobe. From here

10. You can very rarely go wrong with a Breton striped top.




11. Pinterest is a good way to lose a few hours.




12. You are far FAR stronger and braver than you give yourself credit for.



13. A positive outlook is appealing. There are good things in almost all situations, and people lose sympathy with those who complain regularly very quickly.



14. People are generally good. Don't let them make you bitter.



15. Friends never gets old.

17 comments:

  1. You are so wise Miss Alice. I am scarily close to being able to write a 'what I learnt in my twenties post.' Waaaaah!

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list Alice.
    I too am crazily close to a 'what I learnt in my twenties' recap Jenny - there will be many many Potter references and a dollop of Friends wisdom.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually welled up reading this. Such a relatable post. I am having a bit of a meh time at the moment and grab onto anything positive like my life depends on it, Harry Potter quotes always do the trick, the one you've written and "do not pity the dead, Harry, pity the living, and above all those who live without love". I have to work on the not being bitter thing though, but unforch I haven't met enough genuinely good people to say i agree that people are generally good. I think this may be my poor taste in people and bad luck aha. Uni will hopefully change it though :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that way that Harry Potter quotes sum things up the best!
    And I whole heartedly agree with no. 1! I was 21 before I realised I liked tea and I think that so many of my teenage problems could have been helped by Yorkshire Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number 8 is definitely true! I've been in my current job for 2 years and within a couple of months I'd been installed as the resident office cake baker. The only thing is there's 12 people in my team and throughout the year I end up making a birthday cake for each of them! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great post, everything is so true!! And those tea biscuits look marvellous :)

    theearththroughalens.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. Some really good points, especially about Facebook and remembering that people are generally good.

    Thanks, I enjoyed this. And yes, I would love some of those biscuits!

    Sophie @ www.zensiesta.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this post, I was nodding along to most of it! I wish I'd known these things as a teenager. I think it's your twenties where you start to grow into your own skin properly :)

    Ann xx
    Prattle and Froth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore those tea bag biscuits! They're super-cute.

    You've given some very sage pieces of advice. I need to remember #12 more often...

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, btw--clicky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! Just followed you :) xx

    http://www.sophie-denise.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fact that you included one of the best best Harry Potter quotes in this post makes me love you even more. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh those biscuits!!

    I have only just found your blog but think it is super cute, so hope you don't mind me stopping by a little more often from now on ;)

    Lucy xo | We Resolve Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is brilliant. I'm glad I randomly stumbled upon your blog. I have been going through a hard time for about five months and at times it has gotten better, then worse, then better, and a lot of the time i feel like i'm taking steps back when i want to be making forward progress. It's really encouraging to read a post like this though, so thank you xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I feel the same way about Facebook. I deleted it two years back and don't regret that decision one bit. And your #14 I loved the most and have come to find true as well. Cheers to learning new in our 20s. I'm at the tail end of mine and boy has it been a fun ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great list. Especially the Facebook one. #4 is very true as well. Scarily they are cleaner than I am....
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great list. Especially the Facebook one. #4 is very true as well. Scarily they are cleaner than I am....
    x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments, and do my very best to reply to them all- if you have a specific question, try tweeting me @cupsaucerblog