After Wednesday's post, I was feeling inspired by Love Audrey's list of things she learnt in her twenties. Now I'm nowhere near the end of my twenties, so I can't really do that list- but I feel like I've learned a lot in the last few years, and I like lists. So here's list of things I know now that I may not have known five or ten years ago:
1. Tea will make any problem seem smaller. Adding biscuits and you're onto a winner.
2. Facebook is a fast track to misery. But remember- if someone is posting about how great their life is on Facebook, chances are they really aren't enjoying themselves that much. If they were, they wouldn't be on Facebook.
3. Broken hearts mend. Even if it doesn't seem it at the time- they certainly do, and things will someday feel brighter.
4. Boys make good housemates, and brilliant friends. And yes, you CAN just be friends with boys.
5. Dressing more smartly than the rest of your office is perfectly acceptable. If anything, it's preferable.
4. Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light.
7. Boys are as prone to gossiping/ bitching as girls. Except when boys do it, it's actually kind of funny.
8. Baking is good for the soul, and is a good way to make your colleagues like you.
9. Life is messy. But that's actually OK- it's messy for everyone.
|This basically sums up my wardrobe. From here|
10. You can very rarely go wrong with a Breton striped top.
11. Pinterest is a good way to lose a few hours.
12. You are far FAR stronger and braver than you give yourself credit for.
13. A positive outlook is appealing. There are good things in almost all situations, and people lose sympathy with those who complain regularly very quickly.
14. People are generally good. Don't let them make you bitter.
15. Friends never gets old.